Prospect Info: WJC 2020-21 - Let's Watch the Kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Caufield on a 3-on-2: “let me pull the puck between my legs and take a backhand shot from the goal line instead of dropping the puck to the trailer for a shot from the slot”

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Wolf should probably get some run with how Knight looks in this one.

Really like how Boldy looks. Will be interesting to see how he transitions to the NHL and see if he can be physical/control the puck or if it’s a function of playing against his age group.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Boldy and Caufield have been the only good forwards today. York the only good defenseman.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Zegras and Turcotte largely invisible and mostly all-around bad until Caufield moved to that line. Will be interesting to see what lines look like going forward.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
I've liked Beniers and Brink as well.

Berniers looks like a hell of a prospect. Wonder where he climbs to if he keeps playing like this? Don’t recall him being thought of as a top 10 guy? Don’t follow it super closely at this time of the year though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Berniers looks like a hell of a prospect. Wonder where he climbs to if he keeps playing like this? Don’t recall him being thought of as a top 10 guy? Don’t follow it super closely at this time of the year though.

I thought he was pretty firmly planted in the top 10 at the moment.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
He will continue to climb, probably between 4-8 when it’s all said and done. I’d love for the Wild to get their hands on him

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
He could realistically go #1. I think this draft is going to be similar to 2017 in that none of the players are really ready to jump out and take that top spot so some guys emerge years later and you’re scratching your head wondering why they didn’t go higher. I think Johnson has a chance to be a superstar. Beniers is impressive though too. I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision but I have a feeling Brackett is the type of guy who will love Johnson. Johnson is a Zegras clone and Vancouver was trying desperately to trade up to 6th to take Zegras in 2019.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I thought he was pretty firmly planted in the top 10 at the moment.

Planted as a firm top 8 pick with a chance of going into the top 3 (if you use the reasoning of his great performance vs Power and Johnson on the very same Michigan team, plus a great WJC performance). This draft is weird.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
He could realistically go #1. I think this draft is going to be similar to 2017 in that none of the players are really ready to jump out and take that top spot so some guys emerge years later and you’re scratching your head wondering why they didn’t go higher. I think Johnson has a chance to be a superstar. Beniers is impressive though too. I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision but I have a feeling Brackett is the type of guy who will love Johnson. Johnson is a Zegras clone and Vancouver was trying desperately to trade up to 6th to take Zegras in 2019.

Thanks for the insight. Like I said, don’t follow it super close at this point. He does look significantly better than what Raty looked like earlier today but his star has dimmed somewhat anyway I guess. Lambert looked like a fine player though but that’s the 2022 draft.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Looks like Berniers and Boldy get to drag Kaliyev’s ass around the rink for the rest of the night.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Lack of skilled looks at the net is concerning. Lots of scramble garbage.

Game is completely different without Knight gifting Russia three turnovers leading to goals. Outside of the stretch pass, they haven’t created much to speak of either.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Boldy is a horse down low, and Caufield is a lot more skilled than a lot of people give him credit for.
Yeah I wouldn’t want to try and push Boldy off the puck. Caufield is really skilled I just wonder if his decision making isn’t pretty flawed when he has time and space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad