Prospect Info: WJC 2020-21 - Let's Watch the Kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I need a GIF of that Byram stretch of play right before the goal, was really bad and I need to save that for Avs fans in the future. He has certainly not looked good in this game, Cozens as well has not been too impressive. The rest of Canada's D looks great though.

And Dach injures himself now dishing a hit, he was heating up a bit this period.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
First impressions, I thought Boldy looked really good against Finland. I was underwhelmed by Byfield, Rossi and Byram in their games. Russia looked very big, skated well but their skill level up front seemed lower. They will contend for the gold though.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I don't doubt his hands or vision. I do think he needs more physical maturity and speed to be effective at the NHL level. Nothing wrong with that. When he does hit the NHL, I want him to be hitting the ground running(like Makar), confident in his skills and strong enough to take some abuse, though he'll never be completely ready. I am guessing that his ETA will be the spring of 2022, though it's hard to know just when things come together physically. Development isn't always linear, but sometimes in fits and starts.

Khovanov looked excellent last year at the WJC- but has had some bumps in the road since then. Veleno looked vg also, but is playing in the second tier league in Sweden.

Boldy will be ready well ahead of spring of 2022. He’s a beast.

Reactions: 2Pair and zellmatic

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I liked Marat's speed, and for a little guy he is very sturdy, which was good to see. Canada is loaded both upfront and on the Blue line. They are going to make a lot of players look ineffective. I didn't think Podkolzin looked particularly good, either. Amirov was a bit better, but by no means a standout.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Will be an interesting one here with USA v. Russia.

Feel Russia is well off the USA team’s overall talent across the board outside of in goal where they are neck and neck. Seems like Russia only makes a game of it if Askarov can keep them in it.

Overall, if the US can mesh, only Canada should be able to challenge them.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Will be an interesting one here with USA v. Russia.

Feel Russia is well off the USA team’s overall talent across the board outside of in goal where they are neck and neck. Seems like Russia only makes a game of it if Askarov can keep them in it.

Overall, if the US can mesh, only Canada should be able to challenge them.
Russia’s always good. They won’t be easy to beat

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Not convinced they are a team that can medal in this tournament. If Askrov isn’t in the conversation for best player in the tourney, they are done IMO.
They’re always a threat for the gold medal game. They looked more than up to the challenge against a Canada team that is, on paper, better than any other team in the tournament

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Marat reminds me a lot of early Haula. Extremely quick in all directions, always on the right side of the puck, not a ton of higher end upside. He’ll look good in the pipeline and on the roster at some point though.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I don’t expect a lot from Marat this year but he should be a driver at the tournament next year flanking phenom matvei Michkov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad