Prospect Info: WJC 2020-21 - Let's Watch the Kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
It was almost like his Austrian teammates were intentionally not passing the puck to Rossi in the final minute.

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
It was almost like his Austrian teammates were TRYING to keep the puck away from Rossi during the final minute of the game.
Literally was telling myself the exact same thing.Had the puck in the offensive zone for 45 seconds 6 on 4 and didn't get the puck on their best players stick once.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
It was almost like his Austrian teammates were intentionally not passing the puck to Rossi in the final minute.

I noticed that too. What a waste.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Wouldn't that be the fracken worst. Rossi plays one game in NLA, gets Covid. One Game in WJC, Suspended for the Tourney.....

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
That team is pretty bad. Really liking Rossi’s skating though. He can move out there

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Wouldn't that be the fracken worst. Rossi plays one game in NLA, gets Covid. One Game in WJC, Suspended for the Tourney.....

If that happens, he should just leave the bubble and begin his quarantine in St Paul.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
He won’t get suspended for that I don’t think
IIHF is usually a bit more heavy handed than NHL. I certainly don't think he'll get the whole Tourney, was just being a bit dramatic there. They want Austria to atleast put up a fight i'm sure.

A game wouldn't shock me even though he turned like he did.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
Boldy with a good move down low to get a shot on the powerplay. He's faster than I was expecting. Could be the lack of watching hockey lately.

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
Great pass from Boldy behind the net for an assist. He does a really good job with possession of the puck and playing behind the net.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Boldy looked really good. Got to all the loose pucks and showed great poise and vision with the puck on his stick.

Gopher D looked solid.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae

No kidding. 2+10 is enough, even 2 would've been enough. I hate boarding as much as the next guy, but the Swiss player turned at the last second and was just so weak on his skates. Rossi was just looking to separate him from the puck it looks like, there's nothing he can do once the guy turns.

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
Finally caught back up to live tv on this game. Man, Boldy has great vision. He has had quite a few really good passes. Skating leaves a little to be desired but you can see he has some great tools.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Boldy is the least flashy of the old USNDP gang. He has decent speed once he gets going, but could use some more jump in his step to separate him from checkers. Seems to have good size, but isn't especially strong at this point. I don't know if that is something that will get better with maturity, or if he needs to be more diligent in the weight room, or if he just isn't that strong on his skates. Some guys aren't. On the plus side, seems to have a very good IQ, nice hands, and is a very good passer. Doesn't panic in high traffic areas.

Man, do I like Berniers.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Boldy looks like a great power-forward in the making, big, strong, fast and supremely gifted with his vision. He was on both PP1 and PK1 and relied on to close it out at the end, his defensive game was just as good as his offensive game there, I am incredibly impressed with his progress.

Last edited:

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’ve watched Beniers 5 times now. He’s been good every time. I don’t buy into the “limited upside” stuff either. He could be an all situations guy for a team that puts up 60-70 points.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad