U18: WJC 2019: Finland

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Finland must win in regulation... OTW isn't enough.

Yup. Switzerland is Leading our team by 1-0 before the game even started. They earned it with that OT win.

Finland is the official home team. At least there's that small advantage with the player substitutions. It's more about the players and coaches getting their shít together though. Hopefully it happens finally.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Maalilla:
1 Roope Taponen
Varalla:
30 Kari Piiroinen
1:
36 Patrik Puistola – 20 Anton Lundell – 15 Antti Saarela
2 Mikko Kokkonen – 25 Ville Heinola
2:
10 Leevi Aaltonen – 35 Juuso Pärssinen – 32 Tuukka Tieksola
6 Santeri Hatakka – 7 Antti Tuomisto
3:
18 Mikko Petman – 24 Aatu Räty – 21 Aku Räty
4 Iivari Räsänen – 5 Topi Niemelä
4:
19 Veeti Miettinen – 34 Aarne Intonen – 22 Kasper Simontaival
3 Kalle Loponen
13. hyökkääjä:
28 Roni Hirvonen

Why the hell is is the coach not letting Veeti Miettinen play with Hirvonen instead of Intonen? And seriously, Simontaival is not a forward for a fourth line. He should play with Lundell and Puistola. Leevi Aaltonen should wing the Blues line in the second line and give them some additional speed. They should actually move Saarela, Pärssinen and Tieksola to the fourth, or let Tieksola play with Räty brothers, Kärpät trio. Let Petman and Pärssinen fire some light in Saarelas overrated ass in the fourth?
Why is not Blomqvist getting the chance today? Has better stats this year, and Finlands goalies has been underwhelming.
Räisänen the captain has been shit with -3 and zero points.
With this crappy performance they should´ve chosen Brad Lambert and decided his national future. This coaching staff is utter sh*t.

Things i have had on my mind, Kallionkieli did not get the chance this year, Maccelli last year. Why?
Btw, what has happen to Oliver Sunis development?
Would Wiljami Myllylä have been a far better choice on the fourth line with his speed than others?

In the end of the day my summary of this Finnish team is: Forwards have decent potential but they are trying to shine and forgetting to win hockey games, immature behavior. Kakko is really missing. The defenders are actually lacking more than i would have thought. Kokkonen, Heinola, Tuomisto and Niemela should be decent but they are not playing well. Tuomisto has not impressed me, i´ve not seen him that much before and had some hopes but he has performed like the overall team. Räsänen seems overrated in my books and Hatakka is... Not as bad as Latvala in the u20, but still nothing special.
The goalies then? Oh, my, f*cking days. I believe these are the worst goalies i´ve sen in a u18 for Finland. I mean comparing to young Saros, Husso, Luukkonen, Lassi Lehtinen, Veini Vehviläinen, Kähkönen etc. Piiroinen and Taponen are C-class goalies.
Even if i´ve never been sold regarding Anunnen and his abilities & potential, these two guys are even not on his level.
Why can´t the shitty staff give Blomqvist the chance today? The players do not seem to have any confidence in Taponen? The management should have got fired after loosing against a mediocre Czech Republic and Belarus. It´s a another thing to loose to Sweden, USA, Canada, Russia and some golden cohorts from Czech or Slovakia. When the Czechs have players like Necas, Pastrnak, Kaut, Vrana, Zadina, Chytil etc, and goalies like Dostal or Skarek, but this year they have noting really special. That makes the finns performances even worse. I understands why the finns are raging in the comment sections of Ilta Sanomat etc.

I will not be surprised if Finland will lose against Switzerland, but if they win, i will not be surprised if they can wake the f*ck up and upset the gold favorite USA in the quarters.

Last edited:

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Maalilla:
1 Roope Taponen
Varalla:
30 Kari Piiroinen
1:
36 Patrik Puistola – 20 Anton Lundell – 15 Antti Saarela
2 Mikko Kokkonen – 25 Ville Heinola
2:
10 Leevi Aaltonen – 35 Juuso Pärssinen – 32 Tuukka Tieksola
6 Santeri Hatakka – 7 Antti Tuomisto
3:
18 Mikko Petman – 24 Aatu Räty – 21 Aku Räty
4 Iivari Räsänen – 5 Topi Niemelä
4:
19 Veeti Miettinen – 34 Aarne Intonen – 22 Kasper Simontaival
3 Kalle Loponen
13. hyökkääjä:
28 Roni Hirvonen

Why the hell is is the coach not letting Veeti Miettinen play with Hirvonen instead of Intonen? And seriously, Simontaival is not a forward for a fourth line. He should play with Lundell and Puistola. Leevi Aaltonen should wing the Blues line in the second line and give them some additional speed. They should actually move Saarela, Pärssinen and Tieksola to the fourth, or let Tieksola play with Räty brothers, Kärpät trio. Let Petman and Pärssinen fire some light in Saarelas overrated ass in the fourth?
Why is not Blomqvist getting the chance today? Has better stats this year, and Finlands goalies has been underwhelming.
Räisänen the captain has been **** with -3 and zero points.
With this crappy performance they should´ve chosen Brad Lambert and decided his national future. This coaching staff is utter sh*t.

Things i have had on my mind, Kallionkieli did not get the chance this year, Maccelli last year. Why?
Btw, what has happen to Oliver Sunis development?
Would Wiljami Myllylä have been a far better choice on the fourth line with his speed than others?

In the end of the day my summary of this Finnish team is: Forwards have decent potential but they are trying to shine and forgetting to win hockey games, immature behavior. Kakko is really missing. The defenders are actually lacking more than i would have thought. Kokkonen, Heinola, Tuomisto and Niemela should be decent but they are not playing well. Tuomisto has not impressed me, i´ve not seen him that much before and had some hopes but he has performed like the overall team. Räsänen seems overrated in my books and Hatakka is... Not as bad as Latvala in the u20, but still nothing special.
The goalies then? Oh, my, f*cking days. I believe these are the worst goalies i´ve sen in a u18 for Finland. I mean comparing to young Saros, Husso, Luukkonen, Lassi Lehtinen, Veini Vehviläinen, Kähkönen etc. Piiroinen and Taponen are C-class goalies.
Even if i´ve never been sold regarding Anunnen and his abilities & potential, these two guys are even not on his level.
Why can´t the ****ty staff give Blomqvist the chance today? The players do not seem to have any confidence in Taponen? The management should have got fired after loosing against a mediocre Czech Republic and Belarus. It´s a another thing to loose to Sweden, USA, Canada, Russia and some golden cohorts from Czech or Slovakia. When the Czechs have players like Necas, Pastrnak, Kaut, Vrana, Zadina, Chytil etc, and goalies like Dostal or Skarek, but this year they have noting really special. That makes the finns performances even worse. I understands why the finns are raging in the comment sections of Ilta Sanomat etc.

I will not be surprised if Finland will lose against Switzerland, but if they win, i will not be surprised if they can wake the f*ck up and upset the gold favorite USA in the quarters.

I'm not a stat-watcher and I found Räsänen to be more than solid. He seems to be the most engaged player defensively. For example, look at how he tried to defend Oxtensyuk's goal, he did the perfect play with his stick but it was just a perfect shot, not much more you can do there. I guess he could have defended the 2 on 1 better, but that's the result of playing with a subpar partner who's playing terribly. Also, he isn't afraid to be physical in front of his own net and I think he's playing his role as a captain beautifully, without complaining. And the saddest part is that the guy barely even plays and has to deal with tough situations. He's showing flashes of trying to do things offensively too, but he barely has the chance to do so...

I dunno, I'd personally be absolutely glad to draft him in the later rounds.

Reactions: Mysteric1000

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Lundell, Simontaival and Aaltonen are out shining the rest. Lundell is so skilled, Simontaival as well. Aaltonen is so underrated in my opinion. He can´t create that much on his own but he works hard, great skating and above average skill wise. If he would play with a smart or a speedy center in the future he could produce points in the NHL, above the expectations. He seems to be the true leader on the ice, i like his spirit.
The defense is shaky as hell and i´m not sold on Taponen. I don´t know if it´s the coaching or the the defenders themselves, but it isn´t looking secure. USA will tear up this defense.
I´m not sold on Pärssinen either, he is poor as first or a second center. The coaching staff has made a straight up bad decision there.
Perhaps someone else could play center with Aaltonen on the second line? Simontaival should play with Aaltonen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad