Prospect Info: WJC 2017: Caps Prospects (Samsonov, Riat, Siegenthaler)

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Riat definitely impressed. The brass should be very pleased with what those 2 showed tonight. Both played like grown-@** men.

Now lets hope the US knocks out the last remaining Caps propspect -- 1-0 in a 12-round shoot-out...

Both finish the tournament with 1G,5A in 5 games. Solid.

Well, minus the 1st period the Swiss were all over the US boys...playing with about 5,5 forwards and 2,5 defenders. The US kids won because of Parsons and the Refs missing two calls in the 1st allowing the US to score a PP goal. If the US wanna beat the Russians, it's gonna take a lot more.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
One can only hope Korn is still here when Samsonov makes the jump across the pond.

My first thought as well. I doubt he will be though as he was going to retire after Trotz' contract wasn't renewed in Nashville. Only Trotz begging him to stay has kept him around this long.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I turned it off at 4-2 and said if Canada loses this lead they're pathetic. Turned it on after the US scored their 3rd in time to see them tie it up...

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
USA looks vulnerable at times but is taking it to Canada. Impressed.

IMO the USA dominated most of the 3rd and OT. Canada had some flurries and some PPs but the majority of the even strength play was dictated by the Americans.

Shootout incoming....

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
What an awesome night for hockey. I hate the shootout but wow this one was helluva a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad