Czech Republic: WJC 2016: Roster Talk

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Have you seen him play though? Is he special? Better potential then Pastrnak and Vrana?

I have seen him play both in juniors and in U18 Extraleague.
Hard to compare but I think that Pasta and Vrana has higher potential. As I said, Zadina looks more mature physically which isn´t good sign.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Hard to compare but I think that Pasta and Vrana has higher potential. As I said, Zadina looks more mature physically which isn´t good sign.

ok thanks. I hope he ends up being a 1st round guy. Is he a flashy player? Or more of a Zacha type player?

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

So you're saying that he hasn't got enough speed and skill to make up for his lack of size? (assuming that he doesn't grow any bigger in the next 3 years)

Vogel

Apr 28, 2013
Roster for the summer camp and tournament in Calgary (4 games against Canada and Russia):

G: Vitek Vanecek, Karel Vejmelka (Ales Stezka, Daniel Vladar)

D: Tomas Havlin, Ondrej Miklis, Filip Pyrochta, Alex Rasner, Jan Scotka, David Sklenicka, Jakub Zboril (Lubos Adam, Pavel Pycha, Dominik Rudl, Jan Walter)

F: Jindrich Abdul, Jiri Cernoch, Tomas Gres, Filip Chlapik, Pavel Jenys, Vaclav Karabacek, David Kase, Jakub Kotala, Filip Kutak, Jan Ordos, Michael Spacek, Radek Vesely, Pavel Zacha (Tomas Andres, Lukas Jasek, Vaclav Krlis, Filip Suchy, Daniel Vozenilek)

Injury (recovery): Dominik Masin, Lukas Vopelka, Jakub Vrana

Questionable for WJC: David Pastrnak

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Really excited for the championship. Last one was a huge dissapointment, with a good team that was expected to even fight for medals, they barely beat Denmark and then get a free win against Russia (Say whatever you want but Russia clearly didn't play 100%) truth is I really enjoyed the game against Russia, but still. Then we get the easiest play-off team possible and we don't even score. It was just a shame. Prerost not taking players like Zboril or Karabacek was also really suspicious. Hopefully the new coach will be better (And maybe make a similiar success as with u18)
We will see, as I said, really excited. :popcorn:

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Really excited for the championship. Last one was a huge dissapointment, with a good team that was expected to even fight for medals, they barely beat Denmark and then get a free win against Russia (Say whatever you want but Russia clearly didn't play 100%) truth is I really enjoyed the game against Russia, but still. Then we get the easiest play-off team possible and we don't even score. It was just a shame. Prerost not taking players like Zboril or Karabacek was also really suspicious. Hopefully the new coach will be better (And maybe make a similiar success as with u18)

Agreed. Now that we have a good coach and the core intact I think we can steal a medal. This year will be the year! :)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Agreed. Now that we have a good coach and the core intact I think we can steal a medal. This year will be the year! :)

Hopefully. Last year's one was the first WJC I ever watched and the main reason why I was so dissaponted was the ******** they were saying before the start. About how good players they finally got (Even though missing Zboril etc.) and that they will finally win a medal. We all know how it ended up...
Medal would be great, but I don't mind Quaterfinal loss IF we play well in group and in the Quaterfinal. If we beat someone strong (That wants to win, not like Russia last year) and just play with heart.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Hopefully. Last year's one was the first WJC I ever watched and the main reason why I was so dissaponted was the ******** they were saying before the start. About how good players they finally got (Even though missing Zboril etc.) and that they will finally win a medal. We all know how it ended up...
Medal would be great, but I don't mind Quaterfinal loss IF we play well in group and in the Quaterfinal. If we beat someone strong (That wants to win, not like Russia last year) and just play with heart.

The expectations last year were pretty high, that's right, we had a pretty good team and if well coached, who knows.. but the truth is.. even though our team was solid on paper, the other teams were still better. Our media just made a big fuss. The other thing is that the team wasn't even able to play to its limit.
But you know, still acceptable in some way.. be happy you didn't see WJCs 2009-2011, that was really painful to watch (Cze - Swe 1:10.. ouch), I just hope that those times are fully behind us now.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
.... be happy you didn't see WJCs 2009-2011, that was really painful to watch (Cze - Swe 1:10.. ouch), I just hope that those times are fully behind us now.

Haha, yeah I was gonna mention that.......our boys couldn't even keep up with them skating and stamina wise. Now that they can do that, they need to brush up on their individual skill-level.

Sipak4

Dec 18, 2014

I'm also looking forward :) I had to watch some games from last championships with Mrazek and Jaskin-Hertl-Hyka line :laugh: I think this year we will have the best roster and we finally win WJC :handclap:

I'm sorry for spam, but I really love making depth charts, so:

Karabáček-Zacha-Pastrňák
Vrána -Chlapík-Špaček
Jenyš-Kaše-Jašek
Vopelka-Smejkal-Veselý
+Kotala/Šoustal/Voženílek

Pyrochta-MašÃ­n
Zbořil-Ščotka
Rašner-Mikliš
+Hájek/Havlín

Vaněček
Vejmelka