WJC 2016 Discussion (seven Coyote prospects on final rosters)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Objectively and as a homer Strome was Canada's best player. TSN said so multiple times throughout the tournament as well. Now, knowing this, go read the Marner thread and come back perplexed.

After watching Strome at training camp I was delighted with the pick. If I said it once I said it a thousand times, his hockey IQ and passing are out of this world. He should have made the team out of training camp.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
This gives a nice Sunday morning laugh. Marner was our best player in the final game but certainly not throughout the rest of the tournament.

I kind of watch that game on fast forward.:) Marner was great in the third but really not much else. Strome let emotion disrupt his game, although his passing was elite.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Watching the US Czech game. Dvorak looks really good, out there. Created lots of great scoring opportunities. Millano plays way to fancy though.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Tough loss for Team USA, Dvorak was the best American player today IMO.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I wonder if having the most dynamic offensive player in the CHL would have helped them score some goals.

Or that Connor guy who is putting up Larkin like numbers in the NCAA

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
They have re-aired abridged versions that I've been able to record and view.

My god those two Finnish wingers are unreal.

Yeah, I am amazed by those two. Laine in particular looks like an NHL player out there.

I was really impressed last WJC by Puljujarvi's ability to rush the puck up and rip a shot. He didn't score in that tourney which made me wonder if he was a E Kane - Pajaarvi hybrid. His scoring this year has assured me that he's much more than that.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The Finns looked the most impressive all tournament, not surprised they won. Obviously still prefer Matthews but man Puljujarvi would sure be a nice consolation prize!

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd really like to see Ron Wilson back in the NHL. Team USA played very well. Plus Wilson's record took way too much of a hit with all the Toronto garbage.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The Finns looked the most impressive all tournament, not surprised they won. Obviously still prefer Matthews but man Puljujarvi would sure be a nice consolation prize!

And if Puljujarvi is any better than Laine, it's only by a smidge, at most. Crazy.

Teams picking 2nd and 3rd are going to be making some impossibly difficult choices. Puljujarvi or Laine or Chychrun? How do you choose? Team picking 4th has a no-brainer on their hands. Hopefully we win at least one of the three lotteries. What a crazy fun draft that would be. Imagine winning the drawing for 2nd overall and speculating on with of the Fins or Chychrun Maloney goes with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad