Sareela - Nättinen - Rantanen
Lammikko - Kinnunen - Rauhala

Honka - Lintuniemi
Tuulola - Lyytinen
Mäkelä - Mäkinen

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
What about Julius Nättinen? Decent stats in the Mestis and a couple of games in FEL also. Has the size (important in smaller rink) and also hands to go with it. Also, he has been constantly producing in u18 and u17 tournaments.
Mustonen, Björninen and Kalapudas are the top centre candidates for the 1st three lines, I think. In case one of them isn't available, I'd guess Jortikka first looks at Vähätalo, Hintz and maybe Saarela before thinking of Nättinen.

Nättinen has size, but doesn't use it that well, he doesn't play in a physical manner. I think we need to wait for next year to see him on the team, he needs to round out his game a bit more to be truly competitive at WJC level.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Let's see... looks like it is Urheilulehti clickwhoring with a speculative doomsday scenario.

Next.

Nevermind. Looks like Finland plays their first game at 26th of December. I thought tournament started sooner. It's no big deal then.

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
We all love these "what if" situations and I can't help but wish every day that Florida would let Barkov play in the WJC and give him a confidence boost.

Kapanen - Barkov - Lehkonen
Hintz - Mustonen - Ikonen
Rantanen - Kalapudas - Puljujärvi
Lammikko - Björninen - Ojamäki
Saarela

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
We all love these "what if" situations and I can't help but wish every day that Florida would let Barkov play in the WJC and give him a confidence boost.

Saarela

That would terrific for Team Finland and the tournament as a whole to have him play, not sure if Florida is considering it but he's playing close to 20 minutes a night in the NHL and they have no replacement for him so it seems unlikely unfortunately.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden

Saarela

Im on that path to, about that florida should let barkov play, there will be no jetlag issues with it and he will be gone only 5 ich games. Might be good for him, coaching staff should see that he is struggelin a bit

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Im on that path to, about that florida should let barkov play, there will be no jetlag issues with it and he will be gone only 5 ich games. Might be good for him, coaching staff should see that he is struggelin a bit

As much i want Barkov playing in the WJC, there is no chance that Tallon lets Barkov to the come, if i remember correctly he wasn't too happy that he had to let Barkov play in the Olympics because he was just back from the knee injury and he was very pissed off that he re-injured that knee

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
At this rate, you will see Sasha in blue-and-white this season... you'll just have to wait 'til spring.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
As much i want Barkov playing in the WJC, there is no chance that Tallon lets Barkov to the come, if i remember correctly he wasn't too happy that he had to let Barkov play in the Olympics because he was just back from the knee injury and he was very pissed off that he re-injured that knee

Yeah I know, but I think it would be a good move. I watched nearly every panthers game last year and he is just not the same player as then.. the first game off the season this year I thought he played verry good, intence and hungry.. now it feel like he is just floating around somehow, he has the size and skill to do so much on hes own but he never even seams a little determinated to go for anything more then a little pass or dump.. last year there was moore fire in him

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Saarela has been playing great in the past few weeks. Last game he was moved back to center and finally had a decent line-mate in Hedden. Hopefully Jortikka considers him for the 2C spot, even though he has had a tough season.

master4071

Nov 30, 2011
So when we can expect camp roster list? I'm courious which players from NA will be there...

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
is finland even better this year?

Not sure if even Barkov could be as good as Teräväinen was last year. He was amazing. And our defence lost our great -94 agegroup that was our core in 3 WJC's. Saros is still in the net and Husso is great too so we'll miss goaltending of this level. And Kivi isn't the headcoach anymore.

We aren't better from our last year's team but I still think we'll get a medal.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
is finland even better this year?

Tough to tell. A lot of credit for that medal goes to Kivi who's propably the best coach we've had on that level and he's gone now. Someone mentioned Teräväinen who was the "2nd reason" for the medal and he's gone as well. TT's performance last year was nothing short of legendary and goes into history books. Lacking in the center department. But we have better wingers this time around. Kapanen is not injured, Lehkonen, Puljujärvi, Hintz, Rantanen and so forth. Nice mix of speed and size. Defence is a bit of a question mark and if Dallas doesn't let Honka go we are in trouble.

I'm hopeful and medal isn't out of a question. What colour will it be, who can tell. Winning gold with last year's average team was unbelievable, so anything is possible.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Offense is a lot better than last year, at least on paper, much more size and scoring potential. No real on ice leader(Teräväinen) on the team this time but hopefully that depth is enough

Mäenalanen-Teräväinen-Lehkonen
Haapala-Mustonen-Nikko
Kulmala-Kinnunen-J.Ikonen
H.Ikonen-Rauhala-Leskinen
T.Nättinen

vs

Hintz-Mustonen-Ikonen
Lehkonen-Saarela-Kapanen
Rantanen-Kalapudas-Puljujärvi
Lammikko-Rauhala-Ojamäki
Vähätalo

Defense on the other hand is much much worse. Ristolainen, Lindell and Pokka are on the whole other planet compared to guys we have this year.

Lindell-Pokka
Lehtonen-Ristolainen
Vainonen-Honka
Vainio

Lintuniemi-Honka
Lyytinen-Mäkinen
Tuulola-Mäkelä
Niku

Goalies are the same with Saros/Husso, both are one year older and likely better now.

Coaching ughh Kivi >>>>>>>>> Jortikka

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Offensively struggling, obviously. Defensively, nope. There was 2 games after he came back from injury that he didn't look his usual self at the own end, after that he returned to his normal level.

Barkov might not be putting up points, but he's an essential part of playing against the opposing team's top forwards. Especially now that Bolland has been injured for most of the season so far.

At this rate, you will see Sasha in blue-and-white this season... you'll just have to wait 'til spring.
At this rate Florida will battle for the final wild card spot until the bitter end.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Offensively struggling, obviously. Defensively, nope. There was 2 games after he came back from injury that he didn't look his usual self at the own end, after that he returned to his normal level.

Barkov might not be putting up points, but he's an essential part of playing against the opposing team's top forwards. Especially now that Bolland has been injured for most of the season so.

Yeah sure... he have -6 in +/- only one player have worse with -7.. Barkov have struggled this season all in all no questions about it

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Yeah sure... he have -6 in +/- only one player have worse with -7.. Barkov have struggled this season all in all no questions about it
May I ask, how many Panthers games you've actually watched? I've seen 15 of the 21 they've played so far, from start to end.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
I don't think speculation about Barkov is really relevant. Florida isn't going to release him and furthermore, I think once a player has played in the Olympics, WJC isn't really proper arena for him...

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
I don't think speculation about Barkov is really relevant. Florida isn't going to release him and furthermore, I think once a player has played in the Olympics, WJC isn't really proper arena for him...

Pretty much. Regular NHLers are OP.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
May I ask, how many Panthers games you've actually watched? I've seen 15 of the 21 they've played so far, from start to end.

Ive watched maybe 10, and from what ive seen and lookinh at the stats I dont understand how you cant dissagree that he actually is struggelin? Well whatever, he will catch up

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Ive watched maybe 10, and from what ive seen and lookinh at the stats I dont understand how you cant dissagree that he actually is struggelin? Well whatever, he will catch up
I've agreed that he's struggling, offensively. Are you saying he's struggling defensively too? Because I'm not seeing it.

Of course his +/- (which is a terrible statistic to judge a player anyway) looks like crap when his line hasn't put up a lot of points and gets played against the opposing team's top lines. If you want to look at stats, then corsi is a better way to evaluate him:

meHhizd.png

That's from about a week back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->