Line Combos: With the possibility of Kadri suspended...

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
exactly but the euro snowflakes think the league is going to change in the playoffs and its not .You play guys like Martin early in the series to set the tone , fustigate a few opponents and if they get suspended no big loss at least your top two way center doesn't have to stand up for his linemate and take the suspension instead .You lose a guy or two they lose a guy or two then both teams settle down and play hockey .Boston understands this and we got punked by a bigger playing team and without some muscle in our lineup we will get punked again in game 2 .Once again this board exposes who played real hockey and who played X Box hockey in their mommies basement .

Atareez

Sep 29, 2009
I'm thinking babcock is going to want a shutdown line w/ kadri gone for a game

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Komarov-Marleau-Brown
Johnsson-Moore/Plekanec-Kapanen

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
The Leafs didnt lose because of a lack of Matt Martin.

The Leafs lost because:

A) their special teams got destroyed
B) discipline.

Give your head a shake. This isnt 2010 anymore. Enforcers are dead in this league
We needs them Martins who get that 3-4 mil real hard. They gon bounce on that Bruin like there's no tomorrow. Real hard. Lets see if Kadri gets 1 game or not. Big deal, we got them real players, OG's still. Polak gon lift his game too tomorrow. Imagine how hard Komarov'll go. We on tupac on their ass.

This ain't over yet! We got so much talent I'm screaming thuglife all day long out of my window!!! Thuglife! Thuglife!!!

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
exactly but the euro snowflakes think the league is going to change in the playoffs and its not .You play guys like Martin early in the series to set the tone , fustigate a few opponents and if they get suspended no big loss at least your top two way center doesn't have to stand up for his linemate and take the suspension instead .You lose a guy or two they lose a guy or two then both teams settle down and play hockey .Boston understands this and we got punked by a bigger playing team and without some muscle in our lineup we will get punked again in game 2 .Once again this board exposes who played real hockey and who played X Box hockey in their mommies basement .

Calm down there Don

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Agreed on a few fronts but not your commentary on Kadri's actions. That's not standing up for your teammates. That's a gutless move that needs to be out of the game.

Dropping the mitts is the way to do it.

For example:

No one stood up for Kadri in that game. But Montreal sure did.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
That was absolutely the right way to play on kadri's part hitting Wingels real hard. He (wingels) first hit marner the young tender guy with an elbow to the head and that should' have been a penalty clearly. Kadri saw that so he ran over that sucka real hard. That's the only way to play since the game was over too. Play the full long series, make them pay the price, play the long ROAD like rambo because even if the game itself is over, the series ain't not OVER at all. Kadri knew that and played hard. I've would have done the same thang all over again but even harder. Played the game miself.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Johnsson-Marleau-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Komarov-Plekanec-Kapanen

Getting some more speed in the lineup with Johnsson

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Put Matthews and Nylander on different lines. Bruins are going to hard-match Bergeron against Matthews, so if they want to focus their resources on shutting him down, gotta make them pay with the other lines.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
After watching this game...nobody wants Martin really!?!?!

When we played our game (speed) it was 1-1 and we were outplaying them.

When we started playing their game (hit for hit, grit etc.) we got slaughtered 4-0.

Now tell me, why on earth would you want to play into their game even more? We don't need grit, we need speed.

Bring in Martin and enjoy getting swept

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
This thread doesn’t deserve 5 pages considering kadri hasn’t been suspended.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
When we played our game (speed) it was 1-1 and we were outplaying them.

When we started playing their game (hit for hit, grit etc.) we got slaughtered 4-0.

Now tell me, why on earth would you want to play into their game even more? We don't need grit, we need speed.

Bring in Martin and enjoy getting swept

It's like people have amnesia and don't remember the Burke days of "truculence." This isn't the 80s we don't need more goons on our team.

jboknows

Feb 9, 2010
A lot of overreacting in here right now. There's no reason to split up the Hyman-Matthews-Nylander line

-The Leafs had some really bad puck luck. Opportunities were there to win that game. They need to capitalize on the PP and to be honest, puck movement was great
-The Leafs were subject to some questionable penalties... the one that allowed Boston to get a 2nd goal was simply a bad call
-The Leafs didn't put their sticks in passing lanes time and time again. Far too many passes got through to open Bruins in the slot and by the net
-The Leafs didn't respect the speed of Boston. Boston was able to frequently push the puck up the ice (and get behind our defence)

2/4 of those things can be managed. The other 2 you can't control and hope for the best. Kadri is going to be suspended (IMO) so there will be some line changes needed, but to try and swap up everything makes no sense after one game.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON

But Martin wouldn't even be on the ice when Wingles hit Marner.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It's like people have amnesia and don't remember the Burke days of "truculence." This isn't the 80s we don't need more goons on our team.

Who is advocating for goons?

Tom Wilson owned us last year. The Bruins shut down all of our skill last night and resulted in a key player getting suspended.

We need a culture of playing taller in our skates.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Who is advocating for goons?

Tom Wilson owned us last year. The Bruins shut down all of our skill last night and resulted in a key player getting suspended.

We need a culture of playing taller in our skates.

dude who got suspended?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I'm thinking babcock is going to want a shutdown line w/ kadri gone for a game

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Komarov-Marleau-Brown
Johnsson-Moore/Plekanec-Kapanen

Enjoy the 0-2 hole then. Now way in hell should Komarov play above 4th line. He already is getting way too many minutes as is.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Point taken. No suspension yet.

Yeah I'm just trying to figure out why you guys are talking about it like it's some sort of forgone conclusion. For things like this there should be a code of silence. Guarantee they have their ears to the ground and you guys are only making it easier for them if they do decide to do that. Seriously this non-sense should be deleted... or the title readjusted.

Reactions: Jeypic

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Yeah I'm just trying to figure out why you guys are talking about it like it's some sort of forgone conclusion. For things like this there should be a code of silence. Guarantee they have their ears to the ground and you guys are only making it easier for them if they do decide to do that. Seriously this non-sense should be deleted... or the title readjusted.

Speaking of which... does anyone know when the hearing is scheduled for? I'm guessing it's a phone hearing.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
If Doughty hadn't been suspended yesterday, i might be inclined to agree....but i think the bar is set, highly doubt Kadri gets let off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->