Line Combos: With the possibility of Kadri suspended...

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
I believe Kadri will be suspended. No brainer to bring in Johnsson, but who do you move to centre for game 2?

I see basically two options - either Marleau or Nylander moves to centre.

I have a feeling Leafs go with something like this:

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Komarov Marleau ???
JVR Bozak ???

But where do you put Marner? Not much point putting him on the second line anymore, Bozak's line has been much better defensively with Brown on it, and Marner isn't going on the fourth line (this ain't November).

On the road, personally I'd do something line this:

Marleau Matthews Marner
Kappy/Johnsson Nylander Hyman
JVR Bozak Brown

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I can't see Babcock not punishing one of the kids with 4th line minutes after that game.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Hyman Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Marleau Marner
JVR Bozak Brown
Komarov Moore Kapanen
Keeps three of the lines in tact and Marleau and Marner stay together with Marleau moving to C.

I'd imagine this is what happens.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I believe Kadri will be suspended. No brainer to bring in Johnsson, but who do you move to centre for game 2?

I see basically two options - either Marleau or Nylander moves to centre.

I have a feeling Leafs go with something like this:

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Komarov Marleau ???
JVR Bozak ???

But where do you put Marner? Not much point putting him on the second line anymore, Bozak's line has been much better defensively with Brown on it, and Marner isn't going on the fourth line (this ain't November).

On the road, personally I'd do something line this:

Marleau Matthews Marner
Kappy/Johnsson Nylander Hyman
JVR Bozak Brown

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Kapanen-Marleau-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Komarov-Moore-Johnsson

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'm not sure I've ever been less bothered by a borderline hit. Wingels was taking his own runs. Wingels targeted Marner's head and should have been penalized himself. I hope Kadri doesn't get suspended. He was one of few forwards playing with some passion tonight.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Kadri was a dope to do that. Totally wrong thing to do. He was passionate and as impotant as that is getting suspended a game or 2 is a nightmare for us. Losing a C is deathly bad for us.

Reactions: moon111

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Kadri was a dope to do that. Totally wrong thing to do. He was passionate and as impotant as that is getting suspended a game or 2 is a nightmare for us. Losing a C is deathly bad for us.
Our depth is our advantage even if it's not that big of a gap. With Kadri out that slight advantage goes away, just a stupid thing to do.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Naz is a huge part of our team and it'll suck to have him out of the lineup, but we still have enough depth to ice a decent lineup.

My prediction:
Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Marleau - Marner
JVR - Bozak - Brown
Komarov - Plekanec - Kapanen

My wish:
JVR - Matthews - Marner
Johnsson - Nylander - Kapanen
Hyman - Marleau - Brown
Leivo - Bozak - Komarov

Last edited:

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
After watching this game...nobody wants Martin really!?!?!

Let's put this to bed right now - taking out someone who can skate, and replacing him with Matt Martin, who only plays 7 minutes a game, is LITERALLY playing right into the hands of the Boston Bruins.

No, nobody wants Martin.

You shouldn't either.

Reactions: Nithoniniel

SportsJunkie

Jan 29, 2013
Toronto
Let's put this to bed right now - taking out someone who can skate, and replacing him with Matt Martin, who only plays 7 minutes a game, is LITERALLY playing right into the hands of the Boston Bruins.

No, nobody wants Martin.

You shouldn't either.

Oh I want Martin in the lineup but hey maybe that is just me...you can disagree.

" Taking out someone who can skate and replacing him with Matt Martin" how about " Another skilled forward who can skate added to the Leafs but the Bruins continue to dominate the boards/puck/intensity etc

I would prefer a tough nosed player who can score and rustle some feathers but we don't have one they are rare.

Reactions: Cams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->