Prospect Info: With the 9th Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Vitali Kravtsov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sorry what's that? I'm in Atlanta so if that's a new York thing I'll be sol

I don't know if its only a NY channel, but it is shown in NY. You could check here if its shown in your area.

Where to Watch | ELEVEN SPORTS USA

Anyway, thats a TV channel shown here in the USA. If its not shown on your area, maybe you could find a link to watch it somewhere on internet, maybe via an app or something of that sort.

Reactions: Inferno

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
That's an awful lot of speculating and what ifs. I just don't see the purpose in burning off a year for a 19-year old player in his D+1 season. Vecchione used it as leverage in the negotiations with Philly, but he was 25 and a free agent.

Did Buffalo do the right thing by signing Mittelstadt to his ELC this calendar year, making him RFA in 2020? Or did we do the right thing by signing Lias and Chytil to their ELC in their 18/19 calendar year and having their contracts slide?

Well, it’s all speculation and what ifs, right?

There really is no absolute answer, was my point.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So has everyone come around on this kid yet? This will be the most dynamic offensive player the Rangers have drafted in a very long time. Whether he will be better than Wahlstrom is something we're going to have to wait to find out, but I think it's time for all of you to get excited.
The problem is going to be this: Kravtsov could be a 60 point all around stud player while Wahlstrom could put up 70 points but be an absolute dumpster fire defensively People will still shit all over the Kravstov pick because Wahlstrom puts up a few more points.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'm not ready to declare him a great pick or a bad pick yet. I think he was justifiable pick for where he was taken.

I don't know how anyone can declare victory based on last year or the year before, there are still too many question marks to do that yet.

I definitely think the talent is there, I definitely think we've seen glimpses of what he can do.

But it's way too early for bold declarations yet.

We don't know how he will do. We won't know how some of the other prospects will do.

We don't really accomplish much by focusing on everything Kravtsov does well while ignoring the things he need to spend time working on. Likewise, we accomplish equally as little by focusing on the things we didn't like about other prospects while ignoring their strengths.

I do have some concerns that people on here have only watched highlight videos and don't really have a grasp of the parts of the house that need some pretty serious work still. That's inevitably what leads to the extreme emotional swings around here. People getting way too far ahead of themselves, others buying in because it feels good, and then ultimately turning on that prospect in a manner that leads one to believe that the player engaged in a personal insult of that players family.

Reactions: we want cup

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I need to see his game with about 25 more lbs of muscle on his frame. Will his speed go? Quick first step? Get better maybe? This is a player who could really have used some time to hit the gym this off-season.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Video from Traktor on-ice testing. Kravtsov is in the first segment. They did 6 rounds skating (forth and back). Requirement was to make it in under 45 sec. Kravtsov had 43, 43, 43, 45 and 46. He gave himself 4+ / 5.

Never embedded video before so hopefully it worked.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
The problem is going to be this: Kravtsov could be a 60 point all around stud player while Wahlstrom could put up 70 points but be an absolute dumpster fire defensively People will still **** all over the Kravstov pick because Wahlstrom puts up a few more points.

i don't see this as meeting anyone's realistic definition of a 'problem'
why care about the opinions of the folks who talk (write) too much?
if he becomes "60 point all around stud player" there is no problem

Reactions: haveandare

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
i don't see this as meeting anyone's realistic definition of a 'problem'
why care about the opinions of the folks who talk (write) too much?
if he becomes "60 point all around stud player" there is no problem
Its not a "problem" per se, reread my post and the context around the post I was responding to. :)

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
He's so good at finding the five-hole in shootouts. If he has some complimentary move to go along with it (a'la Jussi Jokinen), he could be a hell of weapon when our games go the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad