Prospect Info: With the 9th Overall Pick the New York Rangers Select Vitali Kravtsov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
With Kravtsov now back in Russia, I looked at the schedule and his last reg season game is against SKA with Rykov and Shestyorkin. That would be an interesting one to attend.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
:laugh: It's about as baseless and speculative as you assuming hes on the 2nd line. But please, do pull out your crystal ball and let me know who wins the cup next year while you're telling everyone what line he will be on.

But i'd love to see your research and proof that he will be in the top 6. I'll be waiting.

Fair enough.

This is from Traktor's office team site:

Как будет выглядеть состав «Трактора» в сезоне 2018/2019? ХК «Трактор»

With the way Traktor and Kravtsov finished last season and changes in the roster this year I think this is a reasonable projected line up for 2018-2019:

1st line - all seasoned vets : Bergstrom (new signing from Sibir) - Szczechura ("star") - Gynge (extended)

2nd line - new vet signings plus our prospect: Glinkin (new signing from Ak Bars) - Stoa (new signing from Spartak) - Kravtsov

I'd say this is pretty decent top 6 for KHL. Note how heavy it is with seasoned veteran foreigners, i.e. more reasons to have a new Russian developing talent in Kravtsov to be featured by a team like Traktor . Also new head coach Titov already specifically mentioned that he wanted to try together a duo of a vet center Stoa with Kravtsov.

3rd line - Sharov (23 y/o, whole career with Traktor) - Polygalov (another vet who did well last season signed over from Neft) - Lapenkov (new signing from Sochi)

Potentially Kravtsov could find himself on the 2nd or 3rd lines but 2nd line is more likely, at least to start.

Here's another pre-season analysis of Traktor:

Не удивляйтесь, если Трактор выиграет кубок Гагарина

Do you have any comments?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Fair enough.

This is from Traktor's office team site:

Как будет выглядеть состав «Трактора» в сезоне 2018/2019? ХК «Трактор»

With the way Traktor and Kravtsov finished last season and changes in the roster this year I think this is a reasonable projected line up for 2018-2019:

1st line - all seasoned vets : Bergstrom (new signing from Sibir) - Szczechura ("star") - Gynge (extended)

2nd line - new vet signings plus our prospect: Glinkin (new signing from Ak Bars) - Stoa (new signing from Spartak) - Kravtsov

I'd say this is pretty decent top 6 for KHL. Note how heavy it is with seasoned veteran foreigners, i.e. more reasons to have a new Russian developing talent in Kravtsov to be featured by a team like Traktor . Also new head coach Titov already specifically mentioned that he wanted to try together a duo of a vet center Stoa with Kravtsov.

3rd line - Sharov (23 y/o, whole career with Traktor) - Polygalov (another vet who did well last season signed over from Neft) - Lapenkov (new signing from Sochi)

Potentially Kravtsov could find himself on the 2nd or 3rd lines but 2nd line is more likely, at least to start.

Here's another pre-season analysis of Traktor:

Не удивляйтесь, если Трактор выиграет кубок Гагарина

Do you have any comments?
Appreciate the work you put in translating that. Good to read some insight from the team (or at the least someone who follows and knows the team/players well)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Playing in top-6 in the 2nd best league in the world. Possibly some PP time as well. What's there not to like?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This is the right thing to do. Many high profile young Russians have been ruined going to the AHL too early. Stay and Russia and gain confidence. Come over next year with rykov and shesterkin

I've spent last few hours compiling a list to help your argument. Still drawing a blank but I'll get there.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Debatable about Filatov. Outside of 1 KHL season he didn't amount to much. Was always a problem child. Filatov had all the talent in the world but his head wasn't screwed on right. Some guys just don't develop.

Perhaps because he left home at too young of an age. :sarcasm:

Reactions: darko

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Always kind of tough to say with authority who might have failed because they were placed into the wrong position and who might have failed because they just weren't good enough in some way and were never going to make it regardless of their situation

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Doesn't matter where this kid plays. Why are people so quick to think he'll be ruined? Brendl flashbacks?

Special players can score anywhere, adapt anywhere, play for anyone. He's got no pressure on him. Anyone who watched him play last year saw a very adaptable kid. Necas was a beast this year for Brno. Same with Vesalainen and Tolvanen in the SM-Liiga and KHL, respectively. Lots of people thought they should have gone to the CHL or the AHL or the NHL. It's BS. Let the kids play where they want.

There's always the chance of a sophomore slump, but even that means little in the grand scheme.

The only thing that will suck is suffering through an entire season of his KHL stats being compared to Wahlstrom's NCAA numbers.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
He still can personally buy out his KHL contract, but after discussing that option with the Rangers, all parties involved agreed it would be beneficial for Kravtsov to play one more KHL season before coming to North America, according to a Rangers spokesperson.

Kravtsov's intention is to still play in North America this season, either with the Rangers or with Hartford of the American Hockey League, because of the timing of the KHL season.

He expects to be released from his KHL contract immediately after Traktor Chelyabinsk plays its final game, which could be as early as Feb. 22.

"He's ready to start playing here," Clark said.

Kravtsov could play for Rangers this season

Only issue is Traktor making the playoffs which run until mid to late April.

Is Traktor supposed to be a good team again?

Trade deadline is February 25. The Rangers sell off by that date. Kravstov can play 9 NHL games before his SPC counts. They have 19 games left after the trading deadline. The Rangers last 9 games start on March 23 in Toronto.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov could play for Rangers this season

Only issue is Traktor making the playoffs which run until mid to late April.

Is Traktor supposed to be a good team again?

Trade deadline is February 25. The Rangers sell off by that date. Kravstov can play 9 NHL games before his SPC counts. They have 19 games left after the trading deadline. The Rangers last 9 games start on March 23 in Toronto.

If Kravtsov signs his ELC after the deadline and plays a single game in the regular season, it burns a year off his ELC. It would be the dumbest thing to do

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
If Kravtsov signs his ELC after the deadline and plays a single game in the regular season, it burns a year off his ELC. It would be the dumbest thing to do
Why doesn't he have the 9 games like Chytil and Lias?
He could play in Hartford in a tryout contract (don't know the name) like Lindgren did last season.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Why doesn't he have the 9 games like Chytil and Lias?
He could play in Hartford in a tryout contract (don't know the name) like Lindgren did last season.
He hasn’t signed his ELC yet. AK meant that if he signs it after the season starts to play in March, then it’ll burn a year

Reactions: Fvital92

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Yeah I never understood the difference.
There’s a deadline at some point in the year to sign your ELC and be eligible to get the 9 game slide, Middlestadt burned a year off his ELC when he left college to play a few games last year

Edit: I’m not sure when the deadline is, but that’s how I understand it

Reactions: Fvital92
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad