Prospect Info: With the #97 pick, the Wild select (C) Mason Shaw (WHL, Medicine Hat Tigers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't mean to be a jerk, Puhis, and I'm glad to see you're posting again, but smart is a five letter word. Either one of us can't count, or you are implying something that is flying right over my head.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Don't mean to be a jerk, Puhis, and I'm glad to see you're posting again, but smart is a five letter word. Either one of us can't count, or you are implying something that is flying right over my head.

I'll let you think about it - in context - some more, then. I mean, I'm not great at maths but I'm quite sure I can count to five. :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
From Russo

Wild prospect Mason Shaw suffers injury

Two games into the Traverse City prospect tournament, the Minnesota Wild have already sustained a few injuries, including a potentially serious one to a prospect.

Mason Shaw, a center taken in the fourth round during the NHL Draft in June, suffered what appeared to be a serious knee injury during Saturday's game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Shaw will not play in the remainder of the tournament. After being reassessed Sunday, he will likely return to Minnesota to see the Wild's orthopedist, said Brent Flahr, the Wild's senior vice president of hockey operations.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Welp. Hope he has a good surgery and comes back stronger than before. He didn't have too much to prove in junior anyway but hopefully his timeline allows him to be back for playoffs.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's young, and will heal fast. He, and Anas will be running around in Iowa scoring points. Waiting to hear word on Sokolov.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
can you ever have too many guys who are 5'6" and 145 pounds?

congrats to Mason Shaw! Can't wait to see him in action later this summer and fall.
I could care less what size a player is. If they can skate and make good plays sign them up.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I could care less what size a player is. If they can skate and make good plays sign them up.

I agree, women's hockey is fun to watch.

A team of 5'10 160 lbs players is going to be going places. Especially against a team like the Jets or Avs. They'll be going straight to the hospital.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

A team of 5'10 160 lbs players is going to be going places. Especially against a team like the Jets or Avs. They'll be going straight to the hospital.
It is fun to watch plus they actually win gold.
Avs aren’t that big. They would have to catch them first.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

And a team full of Milan Lucic's aren't going anywhere either.

It's a misnomer that our team is small because guys like Staal, Coyle and Nino don't play like wrecking balls.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Size matters. Skill matters. Speed matters. Smarts matter.

Loading up on any one attribute and neglecting others makes for an unbalanced team.

Reactions: BagHead

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Loading up on any one attribute and neglecting others makes for an unbalanced team.

And my contention is that with Koivu, Staal, Nino, Coyle, Eriksson Ek, Greenway and Foligno all being on the higher side of 6'2", that we have an opening for a small-skilled player.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Make it easy, just load up on players that have all those attributes.

This GM thing seems really easy. I dunno why they make it seem like such a tough job. :sarcasm:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
And my contention is that with Koivu, Staal, Nino, Coyle, Eriksson Ek, Greenway and Foligno all being on the higher side of 6'2", that we have an opening for a small-skilled player.

Spurgeon is already filling that slot.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Yes if it's a Arvidsson, Marchand, or Geadreau. No if it's a Schroeder or Ennis.
I think you're focusing on the long tails of the distribution here :laugh:

Edit: Ryan Spooner might be a good example of a smaller, highly skilled guy that can be potent when used in the right situations but pretty bleh in the wrong ones.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->