Prospect Info: With the #92 pick, the Wild select (LW) Connor Dewar (WHL, Everett Silvertips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
In your opinion is he a c or a w? What is his skill set? Size, speed, mad skillz, or sniper? Congrats on officially getting the expansion club. We are making sure Prosser is available. 7th D award winner!

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
He is most definitely a winger. Although he was hovering just above 50% on the draw. This was his first time playing center since before the WHL. He's a solid defensive player. Always in the right place. Kinda funny as he doesn't jump out at you offensive talent wise, but his smarts and ability to win battles he shouldn't win bridge the gap to be a top WHL player. Not a hard shot, but knows when and where to shoot. Similar to the shoots like Suter notion from the other thread, when he's not looking for a first shot goal. Just always in the right areas. On pace for 100 more shots than last year, so he's certainly going to be a well-seasoned shooter. Currently 2nd in the league in shots. Small, but sturdy. Doesn't pick physical battles he can't win.

Honestly, if he had a linemate anywhere close to Cody Glass's Blichfeld, he'd at or near their numbers. Now that they traded for a center, if he's playing with Sutter he'll be closer to having that.

Reactions: Bazeek

Twoods1623

Jun 27, 2016
North Shore
Not much talk about Dewar lately. He has already surpassed his point total from last year with 19 less games played so far. I know he is an over ager, but it's nice to see him dominating the WHL. Maybe he can be someone we can add to the AHL soon.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Not much talk about Dewar lately. He has already surpassed his point total from last year with 19 less games played so far. I know he is an over ager, but it's nice to see him dominating the WHL. Maybe he can be someone we can add to the AHL soon.

He's not an overager. He's 19. June birthday.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Ladonia is a couple months younger than him and taken the draft prior. Last year was Dewar's 2nd time through the draft.

Overager refers to when a player plays their 20yr old season in the CHL.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Big time potential. I have seen him play in Everette. Does everything right. A leader. Typical 2-3C if he develops at the same curve. Can play PP, PK, big situations.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Forget if I chimed in here before but Dewar is the closest player to Brendan Gallagher I've seen (been watching him since he was 15.) Dewar is more two-way than just pure offense though. Should be a nice Middle 6 C for you guys.

Hopefully Eriksson Ek becomes a good 2C at least and we'll have an opening for a good #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad