Prospect Info: With the #92 pick, the Wild select (LW) Connor Dewar (WHL, Everett Silvertips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
18_0531_CAPTAINCYDEWAR-1024x683.jpg

Connor Dewar at eliteprospects.com

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Am I missing something on this over-ager thing? Didnt he just turn 19 a couple of days ago? I wouldn't call that much. He is like 6 months older than everybody else in the draft.

Seems like a solid middle-6 prospect picked up at the end of the 3rd round.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
I agree that more interesting guys were available. His statistics are not impressive, but Everett is a defensive team. And he is a good two-sided forward.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Am I missing something on this over-ager thing? Didnt he just turn 19 a couple of days ago? I wouldn't call that much. He is like 6 months older than everybody else in the draft.

Seems like a solid middle-6 prospect picked up at the end of the 3rd round.
It's a combination of things. He is undersized, this was his third full WHL season, he was undrafted a year ago, his production is very meh in a powerhouse team (30 points fewer than the leading scorer in his team).

This does not sound like a future NHLer to me. Especially for a 92nd pick, it doesn't seem like a good bet. It's very different from the other pick Boudrias who was also undrafted last year but is 6'4 and was the highest scoring player in his below-average team by 20 points. And was picked 179th on the top of that. That's a good bet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Minnesota

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Not sure if it was covered elsewhere, but Dewar got an invite to Team Canada's summer WJC Camp.

Guessing he's a huge longshot, but a nice nod. And a positive sign despite what the above post says.

Only Wild prospect in consideration for Team Canada.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Is kind of funny to think if nobody in the Wild was checking birth dates during the draft this year.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
10 goals and 18 points in the first 10 games. Good start!

Now 12 goals, 21 points, in 13 games. Sure, expectations can be modest but he's not an overager, the team is not as stacked, and this is supposed to be an exceptional year for the WHL, so quality of play might be higher. He wasn't even ranked by Central Scouting for 2017 I don't think (Boudrias was ranked 185).

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He's playing right now on NHL network in the Russia/Canada series.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Doesn't look like he made the selection roster for the WJC... was hoping he would get a shot since he is having a solid season.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Doesn't look like he made the selection roster for the WJC... was hoping he would get a shot since he is having a solid season.

Just saw that too. Bummer. Zero prospects on Team Canada again. It's been an unfortunately regular occurrence.

But the big thing is for Dewar to keep up his play all season, turn pro next season and have an impact like Mason Shaw has done. I like the new youth orientation in the AHL and I think this kid can play a role for sure.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just saw that too. Bummer. Zero prospects on Team Canada again. It's been an unfortunately regular occurrence.

But the big thing is for Dewar to keep up his play all season, turn pro next season and have an impact like Mason Shaw has done. I like the new youth orientation in the AHL and I think this kid can play a role for sure.

The Wild don't draft many Canadians with high picks. The 2012? draft was the last time MN took a Canadian with a 1st or a 2nd round.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
Scored the game winner on Friday in Overtime. Nice that he's getting reps at Center. Playing him there so much he's listed as Center. I believe on programs and most places last year he was listed as Wing.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Big change from the reisborough(sp?) Days when we had more wjc team Canada alumni than any team in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->