Prospect Info: With the 54th overall pick in the 2018 Draft, the Ducks pick Benoit-Olivier Groulx

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I’m not a fan of this at all. Sure feels like we could have done better here, but I don’t know much about him

Lucky Luke

Jun 17, 2006
This is a steal at the 54th spot.
He was the 1st overall draft pick in the QMJHL 2 years ago.
His compete level and hockey sense is way above average.
He has Jonathan Toews-like qualities.
Great pick.

Reactions: McDonald19

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
this dude uses a long ass stick

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
This broken website didn't post my comment, but I like this pick. Groulx is a much better player than his numbers indicate. Really smart player with an excellent shot. Dude can be straight up mean too. I would have picked Jake Wise, but Groulx has potential. And he fits our draft profile of highly touted guy that didn't have a high end draft season so he fell.

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Murray has done this the past here seasons. Taken top picks from the CHL draft that didn’t really meet expectations (Steel, Comtois). Worked well in the previous 2 years, so why not?

MikeyP

Oct 1, 2013
Halifax
This broken website didn't post my comment, but I like this pick. Groulx is a much better player than his numbers indicate. Really smart player with an excellent shot. Dude can be straight up mean too. I would have picked Jake Wise, but Groulx has potential. And he fits our draft profile of highly touted guy that didn't have a high end draft season so he fell.
This. I watched him all rookie year and was impressed by his tenacity at such a young age. He was fearless, not shying away from tough spots and was very strong for his age.

NSHockeyfanCH

Dec 28, 2017
Having a pretty decent season in Halifax 25goals 31 assists in 51 games have been to a few games in the past few weeks and has looked solid, he has a really hard shot and hes a workhorse always hard on the puck and forechecking, thought id just update this thread since nobody is talking about him

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Still like this pick a lot, think hes floor is 3rd line player with room to be top 6.

See him as a less offensive kadri

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He'll be a player. Excited to get to watch him this season.

Also I'm glad we took him over Jake Wise.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He reportedly had a great camp and left a good impression. That`s good, with Steel and Zegras being on the smaller side and Lundy being just about average, we really could use some bigger guy in the middle as well. Bo is 6`2 and an all-around player. Fits in well, imo.

Is Halifax a contender? How does it look?

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
He reportedly had a great camp and left a good impression. That`s good, with Steel and Zegras being on the smaller side and Lundy being just about average, we really could use some bigger guy in the middle as well. Bo is 6`2 and an all-around player. Fits in well, imo.

Is Halifax a contender? How does it look?

Halifax isnt bad, they have a good backend and a stacked topline but they're not the powerhouse they were last year. Very possible that they are sellers. Their top line of Groulx, Lavoie and Trepanier are all in their last years of junior and they could get good returns for them. Moving Xavier Parent for Cam Whynot was already a move for the future so I think it's likely they follow suit with their top 3. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad