Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/351476244862341122
BOCxyFJCEAQdqQ6.jpg:large

Fletcher looks like he's starving and just drafted a T-Bone steak...

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not even going to pretend I know anything about this kid.

Wouldn't have minded Bowey or Heatherington but at least he's a D man and doesn't seem like too much of a reach.....works for me.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
I like a defensemen in the 2nd. Other than that there's nothing I'm high on. Need some skilled offensive players in this organization. We'll see how he does.

LemaireisGOD

Jul 19, 2010
Nowhere, WI
(yawn)

Yes, the Wild needed more non-physical defensemen. He's not going to be Brodin otherwise he would've been drafted in the 1st round. The Wild have drafted far too many of these finesse, non-physical stay at home types IMO. Its time to draft some anger for the blueline. This was a great opportunity to do just that and they missed it.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Yes, the Wild needed more non-physical defensemen. He's not going to be Brodin otherwise he would've been drafted in the 1st round. The Wild have drafted far too many of these finesse, non-physical stay at home types IMO. Its time to draft some anger for the blueline. This was a great opportunity to do just that and they missed it.

I wanted Santini, but stupid New Jersey had to take him before us. Just like in 2010 when I wanted Merrill. Stupid New Jersey.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Didnt they say he does go for the big hit? Am I missing something?

OpRedDawn*

"He has an affinity
for contact, and as such goes for big hits from time to time. He usually picks his spots well
but does sometimes take himself out of the play"

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

Well, good thing he is not a finesse type of defenseman then. Plays a honest, all-round game.

J22*

Love it when people who know nothing about a prospect, complain about the shortcomings of the prospect that they know nothing about

J22*

Not necessarily. If you draft a CHL guy, you have to sign him in 2. If you draft a guy in in college or even before that, you got 4-5 years.

How long you have to sign a guy has nothing to do with how long it will take a player to be ready for the NHL.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
How long you have to sign a guy has nothing to do with how long it will take a player to be ready for the NHL.

Actually it does. Medvec is just starting to get into the AHL and he was drafted how long ago? The sooner you get them into the AHL, the better.

J22*

Actually it does. Medvec is just starting to get into the AHL and he was drafted how long ago? The sooner you get them into the AHL, the better.

Wrong again. Shocking. The sooner they are ready for the AHL the better for the Wild, but again where they are drafted from makes no difference. Medvec could've went straight to the AHL from the draft if the Wild wanted him to. If anything, drafting a guy from the CHL limits the ability for prospects to progress. ie- Dumba

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The sooner they are ready for the AHL the better for the Wild, but again where they are drafted from makes no difference.

The CHL and the NCAA are two completely different animals on development. You look at Justin Schultz and Marco Scandella.

Medvec could've went straight to the AHL from the draft if the Wild wanted him to.

Could have but it would have destroyed his development. Medvec was really, really green at 18.

If anything, drafting a guy from the CHL limits the ability for prospects to progress. ie- Dumba

Not necessarily. Dumba's lack of progression is hampered by the team he plays for and the coach. Getting him into the AHL might be better for him.

J22*

The CHL and the NCAA are two completely different animals on development. You look at Justin Schultz and Marco Scandella.

Could have but it would have destroyed his development. Medvec was really, really green at 18.

Not necessarily. Dumba's lack of progression is hampered by the team he plays for and the coach. Getting him into the AHL might be better for him.

Not really sure how to respond to this.
Thanks for proving my point that you were wrong I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad