Prospect Info: With the #46 pick, the Wild select Gustav Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
GUSTAV OLOFSSON:

write up below by Hockey Prospects.com:

Gustav is a Swedish-born, mostly US-raised blueliner who plays a strong all-around game and
will suit up for Colorado College in the fall. He takes care of his end first and foremost by making
himself hard to play against with strong stick and body checking against the rush, along the
boards, and in front of his net. His positioning is sound and he’s strong on his feet. He has an affinity
for contact, and as such goes for big hits from time to time. He usually picks his spots well
but does sometimes take himself out of the play. He shows good offensive upside with a smart
first pass and intelligent reads with the puck in his end. At times, he rushes the puck with poise
and can be useful on the power play with smart point play, but his puck skills have yet to manifest
on a consistent basis. His point shot in particular needs to be refined as he has a hard time
getting it on net. He’s a safe pick based on his defensive play and considering his lanky frame and
developing offensive game, he has the potential to round out into a solid NHL blueliner.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Good size and potential on him. Surprised Hagg is still on the board as well as Vannelli

Caior89

Mar 31, 2011
here is EP definition:
"Olofsson is a smart two-way defenseman with good size and overall skills. Skates well and plays the body. Quite unspectacular and prefers to make the easy play. Good positioning." (EP, 2013)

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
CF and BF know what they're doing. Hopefully.. Hey I shouldnt complain just yet, this is the same feeling when they drafted jonas brodin, and look how that turned out

mnwildgophers

Mar 5, 2010
MN
I don't know a dang thing about this guy, but let him develop and take his time. Seems like a fine pick to me. Flahr knows his Swedes.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/351476244862341122
BOCxyFJCEAQdqQ6.jpg:large

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
Can he skate? well yes he's swedish thats what they do, they skate in Ikea

Can he play defense? Yes he can. he's a smart defensive player

Good enough for me.

Now trade BNTG for something...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm kind of iffy on this pick. Are we going to let him develop for 3-4 years in college or are we going to pull him out early?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad