Player Discussion Olen Zellweger

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I have a feeling he will be a trade asset at some point. Just not sure we are going to want he and Drysdale in the same line up on Defense.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have a feeling he will be a trade asset at some point. Just not sure we are going to want he and Drysdale in the same line up on Defense.
If he pans out, he will be a god damn good asset.

Besides, look at the Avs who have both Girard and Makar.
Let's wait for him, I love guys who are almost uneligible because their early birth date, similar to Terry.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Watched all I could on him.... the good news is if he sucks defensively or is getting bullied... I really think he could be a forward as well. He is a dynamic skater in all directions like Zegras almost. Both him and Zegras have elite "hips"

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Zellweger, who was literally days from being eligible for next years draft, leads the WHL in ppg for a draft eligibile defenseman since 2000, small sample size but when you factor in his age and even if it his production dropped a bit over the course of a full season he would still be in elite company

Attachments

• BD2FBB4F-DDD3-412C-A0AF-22D396F8A47A.jpeg
    BD2FBB4F-DDD3-412C-A0AF-22D396F8A47A.jpeg
    127.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Zellweger, who was literally days from being eligible for next years draft, leads the WHL in ppg for a draft eligibile defenseman since 2000, small sample size but when you factor in his age and even if it his production dropped a bit over the course of a full season he would still be in elite company
really impressive, especially given his age. Could be a serious gem of the draft, especially given all the uncertainty

Reactions: Kalv

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I have a lot of faith in his upside, in all honesty if you told me he was the best player the Ducks got from this draft it wouldn’t surprise me, same can be said about McTavish or Pastujov

Really going out on a limb thinking that one of our top 3 picks in the draft could be our best player in the draft. Sorry for snarky comment, I couldn't help it.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Really going out on a limb thinking that one of our top 3 picks in the draft could be our best player in the draft. Sorry for snarky comment, I couldn't help it.
Haha I get it, it was a Lukewarm take at best. Still when you have a 3rd overall pick but the guys you got in the second and third round can still give him a run for his money, you have a bit of a rare situation on your hands. Like when Ottawa took Stutzle last year no one was saying Greig or Jarventie could, in any world, be better

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Olen seems to have the foundation to be a huge riser post draft with elite skating, elite athleticism and elite work ethic. Combine that with the fact that he is super young and has been on a really great trajectory the last couple of years you can see how the ducks projected him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad