Prospect Info: John Beecher signs ELC - 925K AAV

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Same the only thing remotely similar between the two is size. Beecher is a far better athlete and skater

Size and they both play physical styles, but yeah... That's where the similarities end. Maybe I put too much weight into skating? I think that's too big of a difference in each's game to compare them.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Was real low on this pick, Frederic 2.0, etc but I'm glad he's apparently standing out. Hopefully he continues to do so.
Well what works for Beecher is that he can skate very well for a big guy. Trent’s biggest weakness was skating and it was pretty evident when he played his few games in the NHL. Hope he works on it and gains speed because Trent may end up more bust than boom.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well what works for Beecher is that he can skate very well for a big guy. Trent’s biggest weakness was skating and it was pretty evident when he played his few games in the NHL. Hope he works on it and gains speed because Trent may end up more bust than boom.
the good/positive news for Frederic and others like him is there are some areas you can`t teach but skating is one where we have all seen great examples of kids whose skating was in question early in their careers who improved with hard work and terrific instruction

Reactions: mar2kbos

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Can't teach that speed. Looks like his hands can keep up as well.

Excited for him, everyone of his highlights he looks explosive. Lets see if he can continue to improve while playing top 6 in College.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d like to line up Hussein Bolt on a track next to Johnny the blur Beecher on a sheet of Edmonton ice - 100 yard dash

Bolt in theory should win but The Blur takes it

Reactions: Saxon Eric

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Watching him today vs Finland, you can see that he's exactly the kind of thing the Bruins love. It's all the little things. He's always back, never stays on too long, plays his role. He also had a couple nice little plays where you can see some skill; like one where he picked up a puck wrapped around the boards and handled it then dropped it to Kaliyev all in one motion.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins prospect Johnny Beecher cut from Team USA camp after positive COVID-19 test

Bruins prospect Johnny Beecher will not wear his country's colors at the 2021 World Junior Championship, as the big-bodied center was among the final cuts from the team's camp. Beecher was a seemingly surprising cut from camp considering that he was on last year's team, but it came as a result of a positive COVID-19 test (enough to disqualify him from the tourney under current IIHF rules), Beecher's father told the Boston Globe's Matt Porter.

Beecher has since tested negative, according to his father.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad