Prospect Info: With the 29th pick in the 2019 NHL Draft, the Ducks select Brayden Tracey

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Obviously, I still think that was a mistake.

I feel the same, I would have preferred Hogs... The scouts must really believe that Lacombe has big upside that will be transferrable but he seems risky as he still needs to adapt to the NCAA whereas Hogs has establish himself in the SHL which is a higher level of competition. I think we went with defense since we don't have much depth right now. I would have preferred the Ducks to trade down and taking those gambles with the 3rd and 4rth picks where many teams go for power forwards or developmental high upside Dmen like Lacombe.

I'm curious to know if the Ducks rated Johnson higher than Lacombe.... I hope that Lacombe progresses faster than Johnson in the coming two years. I was hoping for Johnson since he is a local, but I saw a video analysis and it seemed to indicate that he had lapse of effort which didn't sound very good.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I wanted Hoglander at 39 but not 29.

His upside feels too limited to be a 1st rounder to me

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
YOu can def tell he is more mature as a player than a lot of the other guys drafted..... just body/how he plays.

I wouldn't be shocked if he plays on Vancouver's opening night roster.
I'm skeptical of LaCombe. Hoglander at 39 would have been huge. Would have prefered Vlasic or Robertson if they were set on a taking a D in the 2nd round.
Madden did strike out on Nattinen, its not like he hasn't made mistakes before. Peter Holland & Etem too.
Badini over Batherson was questionable as well.

Reactions: bags07

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I'm skeptical of LaCombe. Hoglander at 39 would have been huge. Would have prefered Vlasic or Robertson if they were set on a taking a D in the 2nd round.
Madden did strike out on Nattinen, its not like he hasn't made mistakes before. Peter Holland & Etem too.
Badini over Batherson was questionable as well.

LOL usually I'm the one bringing up Batherson. Nevertheless Batherson was taken 121 overall. Not just Madden missed that one. In the Giovanni Fiore Video he said they watched Batherson and I think they would have taken him in the 4th or 5th round. The question is still out on Badini. Batherson clearly is a mystery for me, the Ducks usually value stong 2nd halfs and playoffs. That was mentioned by Madden regarding Badini.

But I get your point, the track record with the forwards is not as strong as with D. At least that should make us optimistic about LaCombe.

During the last drafts there were some great forward picks imho.

Lundeström was a good call
Groulx is fine, my choice would have been Hallander here but I can see his value
McLaughlin is a forward prospect I'm really excited about
Perbix, we will see, but hard to demand something from a 4th rounder
Comtois is an awesome pick
Morand not so much right now but at the draft he was a good choice as well
Badini, see above
Olson I expected him in San Diego, do not know why he is not signed
Jones will be a solid player
Steel will be a great player
Kopacka can be a solid player
Dostie may be a factor in San Diego

I think I would not say Madden made mistakes, they value some things and hope for some things. As we do ;-)

You know this one?

Last edited:
Reactions: Anaheim4ever

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Training camp is closed to the public and he hasn't dressed for any games, so nobody has seen him. I'd expect he gets sent back to junior either tomorrow or the following day.

Weird. I wonder why? Do other teams do this?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Weird. I wonder why? Do other teams do this?
The closed training camp thing is new this year, might just be because we have a new coach and he wants them to focus on playing and not entertaining a crowd. The fact that he hasn't played in a game isn't out of the ordinary for us with a new draft pick.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think giving Tracey to feel out a game of NHL preseason hockey would be very beneficial, I hope he get`s the nod in the next game but I doubt it at this point.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm kind of expecting Tracey to be in tonight with it being the 3rd game in 3 and him still being up with the club. Probably get's shipped back to Juniors tomorrow.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Tracey and Groulx don't count toward the 50 contract limit. CapFriendly lists them in the "Minor" league, when they should be listed in the "Junior" league.

Ahhh! Thanks! Dostal was exempted on capfriendly. I dunno why Groulx and Tracey weren't automatically identified as being in the "junior" league. Guess whoever does the capfriendly Ducks' page isn't updating it completely.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think it would be cool to have a nick name "shooter" as a hockey player. Just make sure to wear a cowboy hat, though. ::: ohh... having flashbacks of our "wanted" playoff avatar theme! :::

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I think it would be cool to have a nick name "shooter" as a hockey player. Just make sure to wear a cowboy hat, though. ::: ohh... having flashbacks of our "wanted" playoff avatar theme! :::

Then we should draft a player whose last name is McGavin. Im positive they would gave him the nickname shooter in that situation.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Dick Tracey is a good shooter, he never misses.
330px-Dicktracycover.jpg

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad