Prospect Info: With the #210 pick, the Wild select (C) Sam Hentges (NCAA, St. Cloud State)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, he has already matched last season's point total, 20, in about 60% less gp. Feel like we aren't talking enough about this guy, especially considering team needs. Decent size, RH C/W(?), tearing it up in a better, more defensive league than the CHL.

Anyone with eyes on him this year that can comment on his game? Has he just been lucky, or is he really good?

Oh, and just realized that most of the Hentges i know have had shoulder surgery, also.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So, he has already matched last season's point total, 20, in about 60% less gp. Feel like we aren't talking enough about this guy, especially considering team needs. Decent size, RH C/W(?), tearing it up in a better, more defensive league than the CHL.

Anyone with eyes on him this year that can comment on his game? Has he just been lucky, or is he really good?
None of the people that watch/know him have spoken up, so I've been forced to pencil him in at 2C next year.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
KaprizovSaveUs knows, but refuses to talk about him. I think they call it "recusing"...very ethical poster.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
As a youth player he was extremely small, but very aggressive. He was the kind of player where the puck always found his stick and he had a knack for goal scoring. Once he hit high school he grew about 6 inches and with that he was able to play a more physical game.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Not sure how much upside he has, but glad we got him signed instead of letting him walk. Does anyone that watches the NCHC know if he still plays center?

I've seen him on their game day lineups listed at RW and LW, but not at center in recent memory.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've seen him on their game day lineups listed at RW and LW, but not at center in recent memory.

Thank you. Kind of figured that would be the case with him. Still good to have him signed. Iowa has no surplus of young players.

Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad