Prospect Info: With the 207th Overall Pick the Rangers Select Patrik Virta

3rd Guy High

Feb 17, 2010
Looks like rangers are going for older guys - guys that can play sooner rather than later?

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
This was a good overager draft, but none of the overagers we took were the overagers I had ranked high.

Kind of annoying, but they are the NHL scouts, I'm not.

Ah, I didn't know much of this draft past the first couple rounds so I guess that explains it.

Didn't we take two other double overagers? Crawley and someone else?(I just woke up so I'm clueless on all of the guys we picked as of now.)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Euro overagers >>>>>> CHL overagers

Yes. Because The CHL is scouted to death by all teams. If a player in the CHL is an overager, there's a good chance he is just not good enough. The European leagues are a bit of a hazy world full of potential players who slip through the cracks because there's just 1 scout per team, maybe 2, following players in a country. There isn't a lot of coverage and there's a good chance you find a good player if you want to spend a pick on an overager.

SML

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
I just find it hilarious that had this kid gone undrafted and went up for auction as a free agent, people would be all about him. But we picked him so that sucks.

Last edited:

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Looks like rangers are going for older guys - guys that can play sooner rather than later?

Yeah this was a discussion point not too long ago about these guys.

There is a shorter wait to see what they can do, and less wait time for guys to fill out.

This is a very good cap strategy in my eyes.

You have a shorter vesting period on your investment with guys like this.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
That subtle skate turn on the last highlight was gorgeous. Kid has great edgework from what I can see in this vid, and I really liked that forechecking effort to lead to that netfront scramble goal. Looks like he has a really quick release too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->