Prospect Info: With the 2017 91st overall pick the Anaheim Ducks select Jack Badini

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.sbncollegehockey.com/platform/amp/2017/6/19/15832980/bob-mckenzies-2017-nhl-draft-rankings-reaction

. -It’s interesting to see second-year-eligible Jack Badini sneak onto the list as an honorable mention. Badini was overlooked by Central Scouting all year, but had a nice year, including a great playoff run with the Chicago Steel in the USHL. Badini has always been skilled, and has grown enough that he can at least plausibly lie about being six feet tall. I expect that we’ll see quite a few of those off-the-board picks that haven’t been talked about by anyone on the second day of the Draft.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Really hope this guy is a late bloomer... so many other higher profiled guys that aren't over-agers were available... Farrance, Nick Henry, Reedy, Ruzicka, Ian Scott, Safin...

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Really hope this guy is a late bloomer... so many other higher profiled guys that aren't over-agers were available... Farrance, Nick Henry, Reedy, Ruzicka, Ian Scott, Safin...

Yeah, his stats doesn`t blow away. What would be your preference instead of Badini?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah, his stats doesn`t blow away. What would be your preference instead of Badini?

I thought Reedy was a steal at the position san jose got him, and because I watched a lot of pats highlights this year I had a soft spot for nick henry. Strome was still on the board. Popugaev seems like a forward we would have loved to grab.

We shall see I trust our scouts so I'm sure they have a reason.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Badini statistically lead his team in the playoffs for sure and I'm sure thats why he caught the eyes of our scouts. He seems to be physically developed too, so hopefully he gets top line minutes at Harvard even if he is a freshman. I wouldnt have mined them taking a bigger gamble on a guy like Ruzicka who might be another Nicolas Roy centerman, or stick with their scout's strength in picking two way defensemen (even though we have plenty right now).

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I would like to see Badini push for a roster spot next season, both in camp, and later on in the season after we trade from our roster. Reportedly we think his all around game is very good, and I would like to see him become a mainstay in our bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->