Jarick

Doing Nothing
Gustav Olofsson Signs ELC, Headed to Iowa

BjhPGyKCQAAqWCT.jpg

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Considering Stoner may be out a while, Blum is up here, Kampfer got injured (?) and the rest of the D in Iowa that is healthy, he'll get minutes down there.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Interesting.

Seems the management likes to take their time developing prospects but at places where they have full control like in Iowa. !@#$ college!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If I'm not mistaken, the Wild have been after him to sign an ELC since the beginning of the season. I wonder if there's something about CC development model that the Wild don't like? It can't be just that "they suck".

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
If I'm not mistaken, the Wild have been after him to sign an ELC since the beginning of the season. I wonder if there's something about CC development model that the Wild don't like? It can't be just that "they suck".

Not sure, but I can't think of any NHL talent that they've produced recently outside of Jaden Schwartz.

Edit: Unless we're counting Nate Prosser

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

I think the Wild just want "hands-on" control on their prospect. Same reason why I originally thought (wrong) Phillips and Bussieres would play their overage seasons in the juniors instead of heading to Iowa (I believe they still had 1 more season in the Q).

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I think the Wild just want "hands-on" control on their prospect. Same reason why I originally thought (wrong) Phillips and Bussieres would play their overage seasons in the juniors instead of heading to Iowa (I believe they still had 1 more season in the Q).

If true, than I guess we might see some more college prospects sign an ELC in the next few weeks....Lucia maybe?

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Interesting.

Seems the management likes to take their time developing prospects but at places where they have full control like in Iowa. !@#$ college!

Who?

Zucker, Coyle, Brodin, Haula, and Dumba have been on the fast track ever since being drafted. When has a prospect been ready for the NHL but stayed in Iowa?

It seems to have worked out well for Granlund and Brodin, but I would argue almost every other young prospect should spend more time in Iowa to develop. Sure thats not really an option given our depth, but I want our players spending more than just one season at that level.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
If true, than I guess we might see some more college prospects sign an ELC in the next few weeks....Lucia maybe?

Not idea, really just connecting dots in the dark. But if they don't, maybe they have close enough connections with UND to be comfortable leaving him there instead of having him in Iowa.

KyleInMPLS

Feb 20, 2012
Maybe Gus and Christian Folin are buddies and Fletch knows it will make Folin will want to sign with us in a few weeks... :sarcasm:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

They probably think he is just ready for the AHL. He's smart and a good skater. Thats the biggest skills for D man translating to a higher level.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Interesting... I thought Olofsson was more of a long-term project. Didn't think they would rush him to the AHL so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad