Prospect Info: With the 123rd Overall Pick the Rangers Select Brandon Crawley

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't think the Rangers would be stupid enough to have real prospects not play to give playing time to guys who don't have realistic NHL ceilings.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
They have Kampfer down there too. You need a vet when you have such a young d-corp.

Day may benefit most from being in the AHL but he's eligible to go back to juniors.

And maybe DeAngelo doesn't make the big club and they send him down to save on the cap.

You could see a core of:

Graves-DeAngelo
Gilmour-Pionk
Pedrie-Kampfer
Zboro

But I'm more than comfortable with Gilmour & Pedrie going down to the ECHL if they don't have NHL futures.

Assuming both Holden and Staal are still on the team, I think this would be the most likely scenario:

Rangers:
McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Holden
Bereglazov

Hartford:
Kampfer-DeAngelo
Vet UFA*-Pionk
Graves-Pedrie/Day

Greenville:
Gilmour
Zborovsky

* Gelinas?

I honestly don't see a way Day makes the team and he should go back to Juniors

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Assuming both Holden and Staal are still on the team, I think this would be the most likely scenario:

I honestly don't see a way Day makes the team and he should go back to Juniors

One of Staal/Holden will not be a Ranger when the season begins. Larry Brooks said so( ;) ). And, for once, I concur. Maybe one of our young D are dangled there as well?

I also think an AHL vet might be brought in. Lotsa young players there now, Kampfer is one guy but maybe that is not enough? We are also in on Will Butcher, but he may logically choose an organisation where he can step in faster with an easier path to the big league? I could see us signing Gelinas for $650.000 for orgasational depth once the smoke clears too

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
One of Staal/Holden will not be a Ranger when the season begins. Larry Brooks said so( ;) ). And, for once, I concur. Maybe one of our young D are dangled there as well?

I also think an AHL vet might be brought in. Lotsa young players there now, Kampfer is one guy but maybe that is not enough? We are also in on Will Butcher, but he may logically choose an organisation where he can step in faster with an easier path to the big league? I could see us signing Gelinas for $650.000 for orgasational depth once the smoke clears too

I see absolutely no reason for us to go after Butcher. We signed Pionk, Pedrie, Bereglazov, Zborovsky, Day, traded for DeAngelo. There is absolutely no room for a guy like Butcher

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
I see absolutely no reason for us to go after Butcher. We signed Pionk, Pedrie, Bereglazov, Zborovsky, Day, traded for DeAngelo. There is absolutely no room for a guy like Butcher

That could be the case. But we have contract space and he is a free asset. Anytime that is apparent one needs to be on the ball. Players can flop, get hurt and moves can be made. Simple strategy in all businesses. Sometimes having too much of a good thing Leads to other good things. Sometimes not. But like I said, he will likely go elsewhere.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That could be the case. But we have contract space and he is a free asset. Anytime that is apparent one needs to be on the ball. Players can flop, get hurt and moves can be made. Simple strategy in all businesses. Sometimes having too much of a good thing Leads to other good things. Sometimes not. But like I said, he will likely go elsewhere.

What about what Will Butcher wants though? Does he really want to sign with a team that has so many players for the spot he wants already? Or does he go to the Devils where they are lacking exactly that?

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Yeah no way Butcher signs where Pionk signed
Aug 15 for NYR should be about a forward, l like toninato, others like ketfoot, etc

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Honestly, how far Crawley is behind someone like Zborovskiy at this moment in their development?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Pretty sure I said this guy sucked before last season. I guess they gave him a QO for this year just as depth, insurance in case guys like Tarmo and Giuttari (surprisingly decent) weren't ready. I certainly appreciate that he played hard and seemed to be a good teammate, but he just wasn't good.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Pretty sure I said this guy sucked before last season. I guess they gave him a QO for this year just as depth, insurance in case guys like Tarmo and Giuttari (surprisingly decent) weren't ready. I certainly appreciate that he played hard and seemed to be a good teammate, but he just wasn't good.
weird trajectory last 2 seasons,
i think he started last year hurt, eventually sent to Maine, recalled to 'Pack late season for some games,
then got invited to NYR bubble camp prior to Canes sweep, and QO'd and re-signed
This year got a few scattered Pack games
Obvi never earned Murphy/KK's confidence

Reactions: nyr2k2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->