Prospect Info: With the 123rd Overall Pick the Rangers Select Brandon Crawley

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Crawley is a tenacious defensive defenceman who also showed the ability to move the puck well as the season went on in London. He loves the physical play although he is not overly big. He adjusted well during his OHL rookie season to the speed of the game and could have a big year next year on what will be a strong London team.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=258636

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Why does this team continually pick random overagers in late rounds? Has one of them EVER worked out for us?

Overagers are fine. I'm not sure a two year overager playing for the team with the most exposure in the CHL is such a great idea.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Done defending this scouting staff. Time to put them out to pasture. You pass up a player like Reedy just to trade down and take a mediocre skating overager.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Done defending this scouting staff. Time to put them out to pasture. You pass up a player like Reedy just to trade down and take a mediocre skating overager.

The best time to judge draft picks is literally right after they're made, not in the future

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
LOL. Read Brock's scouting report:

8. Brandon Crawley - Defense - London Knights
Crawley has long been a favourite of NHL Central Scouting, and in his final year of draft eligibility, he's finally made a fan and believer of me. He's one of the most physically intense defenders and players in the OHL who has also really improved his composure and abilities at both ends of the ice. His +53 was among the league's best and was the best among Knights' defenders by 17 points. He's just a very difficult player to line up against. But his play with the puck really took a step forward this year. He did a much better job of handling the forecheck and his first pass has really come a long way, as has his confidence in carrying the puck out of trouble, utilizing his solid skating ability. Can't help but get Dan Girardi flashbacks when I watch Crawley play and he's obviously worked out in the NHL after being a late bloomer.

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/2017/04/sunday-top-10-2017-nhl-draft-re-entries.html

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
The other two I'm happy with but not a fan of this at all, Elvenes and Steenbergen just went after him too.:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad