Prospect Info: With the #109 pick, the Wild select Kaapo Kahkonen

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
I think keumper contract is over at the end of this season and he will be 27 so Ufa. We may need to sign a Ufa backup or bring from within, but we don't have many goalie prospects. Maybe kahkonen would have tiny chance next year out of training camp?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I think keumper contract is over at the end of this season and he will be 27 so Ufa. We may need to sign a Ufa backup or bring from within, but we don't have many goalie prospects. Maybe kahkonen would have tiny chance next year out of training camp?

We have to sign an expansion draft eligible goalie I believe...

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Kähkönen with a great game again today, 4-1 victory over TPS and 25 saves. He really seems like the real deal.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Russo said a qualifying goalie needs to play a certain number of NHL games this season to count, so no be wouldn't count. We need to sign a goalie.

* All Clubs must meet the following minimum requirements regarding players exposed for selection in the Expansion Draft:

i) One defenseman who is a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

ii) Two forwards who are a) under contract in 2017-18 and b) played in 40 or more NHL games the prior season OR played in 70 or more NHL games in the prior two seasons.

iii) One goaltender who is under contract in 2017-18 or will be a restricted free agent at the expiration of his current contract immediately prior to 2017-18. If the club elects to make a restricted free agent goaltender available in order to meet this requirement, that goaltender must have received his qualifying offer prior to the submission of the club's protected list.

* Players with potential career-ending injuries who have missed more than the previous 60 consecutive games (or who otherwise have been confirmed to have a career-threatening injury) may not be used to satisfy a club's player exposure requirements, unless approval is received from the NHL. Such players also may be deemed exempt from selection by the League.

NHL.com doesn't say anything about needing a certain # of NHL games. There is a requirement for D/F players, but nothing for G.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Russo said a qualifying goalie needs to play a certain number of NHL games this season to count, so no be wouldn't count. We need to sign a goalie.

I haven't seen any games played requirement for goalies. Just that one's under a contract or an RFA with a qualifying offer received.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I haven't seen any games played requirement for goalies. Just that one's under a contract or an RFA with a qualifying offer received.

I haven't either, but he said it on kfan earlier this week. He said it's one of the biggest reasons the Wild will likely try to get a new backup goalie before the trade deadline.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
Bump for a shutout against Vaasan Sport, 54 saves. 92.4% now, which is impressive given how bad his team is defensively.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Kähkönen with a shutout yesterday, and scored an empty netter.

Last edited:

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
when can we expect to see him in iowa?

If they don't sign him by June 1st, the answer is never.

I think he's behind Michalek in the system personally but way ahead of Vay, Svedberg and Stezka.

I wish goalie goals counted for two.

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
Kaapo Kahkonen in the first round of the championship of Finland helped his team to win 1-0. In total, he reflected 29 shots.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
His team, Lukko, sucks but he's a legit #1 goalie now. Wouldn't be surprised if he'd put up Saros level numbers when he comes over to NA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->