Prospect Info: With the #107 pick, the Wild select Dylan Labbé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Not sure what to think. Point totals are underwhelming but he is a big kid with a mean streak.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Not sure what to think. Point totals are underwhelming but he is a big kid with a mean streak.

Are we looking at the same statline? Seems like an offensive Dman, although that +/- could use some clarification. Weren't the cataractes a good team the past few years?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Are we looking at the same statline? Seems like an offensive Dman, although that +/- could use some clarification. Weren't the cataractes a good team the past few years?

Yes we are. I saw shoot left and mistook it for LW. Its been a long weekend. Seems like a better pick now. :-P

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Seems like a good pickup in the 4th round. Sounds like a bad team may have cost him some draft positions. Good pick.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
New #mnwild #NHLDraft pick Dylan Labbe "I've never had a feeling like this."
http://twitter.com/mnwildPR/status/351497674391953409
BODFRcYCIAAxHpG.jpg:large

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Ottawa fan said this guy is a diamond in the rough- a #1 defenseman.

Well, IDK about all of that, but it sounds like he played on a sub-par team all around but oozes skill and is a PP quarterback.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
28 points and -38 :laugh: That team must be TERRIBLE.

Also EliteProspects already has him as drafted by the Wild, they are quick over there.

I looked up Olofsson right after, they must have the inside info. I swear it was like 20 seconds later.

Labbe Final ranking: #74

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
His team was very low scoring last year, so the points are fine for a defensemen. +/- was the worst on the team. Seems like the type of player you pick in the 4th.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
His team was very low scoring last year, so the points are fine for a defensemen. +/- was the worst on the team. Seems like the type of player you pick in the 4th.

Hey something positive :D

I'm indifferent to the pick but at least he'll help out the Wild sooner than later.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I looked him up on hockey db and when i saw -40 i was like holy ****. But his team was ass awful, i mean on of the goalies has like a 4.somethinghuge GAA

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
According to Flahr this kid played 35+ minutes a night. I think we might have a gen here

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
As mentioned, Shawinigan had a poor team last season and they really leaned on Labbe to carry a large workload on the blueline. Great for his development, as it allowed him to see time in many different roles, but keep that in mind when you're looking at his stat line too.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
As mentioned, Shawinigan had a poor team last season and they really leaned on Labbe to carry a large workload on the blueline. Great for his development, as it allowed him to see time in many different roles, but keep that in mind when you're looking at his stat line too.
Shawi was god awful, tough to judge him based on his stats with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->