NATION USA
POSITION LW
SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 6'0"
WEIGHT 185 lbs

Ranked #124 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #151 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #148 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #92 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

CjaeEBT.jpg

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Doesn't look like anything special. Looks like he has a little bit of skill, but probably never sees playing time with us.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Eliteprospects link

Interesting article from Guelph Storm website

In a nutshell: 6'1" 194lbs* According to Guelph site physical power forward/grinder. Apparently has a hard shot and plays with edge. Could be one of those bottom 6 character guy/hard-working winger -acquisitions. Shades of Cal Clutterbuck?

A goal:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Eh, nothing special. Average size, had a decent USHL playoffs. Maybe he'll find something in college.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Based on his scouting ranks, he's a reach.

6'0" scrapper... Doesn't exactly inspire confidence that he'll see pro hockey.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Yeah, not very excited. He's the kinda guy you acquire from FA or sign in 7th. Then again, Gabriel has already seen NHL time and apparently isn't half bad, so who know. Perhaps this guy's a gamer. And I certainly hope so.

I'm just disappointed that we didn't pick Eetu Tuulola, I guess. 6'3" power winger with excellent offensive instincts could've turned out to be a real steal. Yeah, his skating's not exactly brilliant, but that can be worked on.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Should have gone for underscouted Hungarian or some completely random guy. Or a guy like Greenway. Gigantic, fast skater but bad at hockey.

This pick sounds like all our target players were gone, so they had reach into the 7th round projections. Medium sized overager who can't score?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Meh, it's our token face puncher/grit guy. Nothing wrong with that. Just get used to having one of these guys selected every year.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
As somebody said before, we took our 4th round pick the 7th, and our 7th in the 4th.

Why do we need to take a 7th rounder? Why can't we take 2 4th rounders?

Just asking. I have no problem with this pick simply because I'm resigned to the fact that Minnesota will continually pick a guy like this until they find one they like.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Why do we need to take a 7th rounder? Why can't we take 2 4th rounders?

Just asking. I have no problem with this pick simply because I'm resigned to the fact that Minnesota will continually pick a guy like this until they find one they like.

No, you're right. I don't like the pick either. Just a weird way to look at.

There are countless other names that I'd rather have, Noel and Bleackley being two.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Looking at the rankings, not really an extravagant reach like Bussieres or Gabriel. Who knows what he will become.

None of us have seen him play, so please, give our 4th rounder a chance.

He may be Ryan Jones 2.0

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Gabriel had size, and was pretty much a face-puncher with very few other redeeming qualities.

Duhaime seems like more of a hybrid.

32 points in 39 games in the USHL hints at some type of offensive skill. 97 penalty minutes is a little high, but leads me to believe he's more of an agitator/pest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad