98.5 The Sports Hub With Pastrnak, DeBrusk Bruins Might’ve Finally Found Right Linemates For Krejci

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Krejci did have a productive season with Kessel on his wing. I’d give a month and see how it goes

I can't recall Kessel ever playing with Krejci.

His one really good year in Boston was spent mostly with Savard.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Good one. We both know that Claude would have Schaller with Krejci instead of DeBrusk though.

I don't really remember Pastrnak and Krejci playing together a ton, they would get a few games here or there but that's about it.

Claude DID have Schaller on Krejci's wing last season...

For all this Pasta is too fast to be a fit for Krejci stuff, Backes too slow for Spooner... Where is it written in stone that fast people have to play with fast people, and slow people play with slow people? They might not be good fits, but let's see some real games, with a new Coach, who is now coming in fresh (as opposed to adapting to the previous regime's system) before we throw the baby out with the bathwater.

One thing Cassidy showed last year, was he was willing to mix up lines in-game and between games to try and find the right matches.

Reactions: PB37

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Again, Krejci has played at his best the past few seasons when he moves his feet

The only reason he could slow the game down so well was because we had guys like Horton and Lucic to make a ton of space for him. The game is faster now and we have no such players worthy of playing on his line.

The game now should be elevating Krejci to match pasta, not demoting pasta to give Krejci some imaginary perfect line mate we do not have

I'm not opposed to pasta playing with spooner and Beleskey from the jump though for the purposes of spreading out scoring, but pasta will inevitably end up with Krejci when we need to break games

I'd love for spooner to take a big step though and become our new number 2 center, all things considered

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Again, Krejci has played at his best the past few seasons when he moves his feet

The only reason he could slow the game down so well was because we had guys like Horton and Lucic to make a ton of space for him. The game is faster now and we have no such players worthy of playing on his line.

The game now should be elevating Krejci to match pasta, not demoting pasta to give Krejci some imaginary perfect line mate we do not have

I'm not opposed to pasta playing with spooner and Beleskey from the jump though for the purposes of spreading out scoring, but pasta will inevitably end up with Krejci when we need to break games

I'd love for spooner to take a big step though and become our new number 2 center, all things considered

Every player is at their best when they “move their feet”. I don’t think this is any justification to play Krejci with guys that are significantly faster than he is. Traditionally, as you said, DK has always seemed to play his best when he had big bodies flanking him. That being the case, why wouldn’t you start off with Beleskey/Kuraly and Backes as his wings and see what happens. Or maybe DeBrusk and Backes.

Krejci can operate and produce with slower players, whereas Spooner seems lost unless he has at least one burner that can skate with him.

For the Top 9, I would have started with:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Beleskey/DeBrusk-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey/DeBrusk-Spooner- Bjork

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Every player is at their best when they “move their feet”. I don’t think this is any justification to play Krejci with guys that are significantly faster than he is. Traditionally, as you said, DK has always seemed to play his best when he had big bodies flanking him. That being the case, why wouldn’t you start off with Beleskey/Kuraly and Backes as his wings and see what happens. Or maybe DeBrusk and Backes.

Krejci can operate and produce with slower players, whereas Spooner seems lost unless he has at least one burner that can skate with him.

For the Top 9, I would have started with:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Beleskey/DeBrusk-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey/DeBrusk-Spooner- Bjork

These lines are a lot closer to my projected top nine than what we ended up with.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
It's a nice thought but those players don't have the skill, lucic and Horton had the skill and the muscle

Now we have guys that have the skill or the muscle (btw if we're worried about pastas speed with Krejci forget about Kuraly) so in that case I take the skill as far as what to slot next to Krejci

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Looch is an asset, great to have on a team like Edmonton that can produce offensively, is a vet and can protect their guys. Still dont regret trading him though.

I think everyone forgets the first year Pastrnak played in the NHL, and was the year Spoons finally cracked the NHL lineup, it was towards the end of the season and they played on the same line together and the speed was dynamite. However, ever since then.... they have not played together. Sure its hard to justify have Spoons on the so called 1st line or Pastrnak on the 3rd line, however you want to look at it... but why not try to roll 3 even lines.

I propose... (starting lineup)

Marchand - Bergeron - Bjork
Vatrano - Spooner - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krecji - Backes
Acciari - Czarnik - Nash

Chara - Carlo
Grzelcyk - McQuaid
Miller - McAvoy
I like those lines with the exception of Vatrano playing with Spooner and Pasta . Not sure he is the ideal fit for those two but it’s worth a try .

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
too me cehlarik krejci pastrnak line had the best chemistry last season. They passed the puck so well and knew where each other was out there. I think its only a matter of time before cehlarik is back up and on that line with them.
They were great initially but it didn’t seem like Cehlarik could maintain his level of play . I wouldn’t mind seeing that combination.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Thanks so much !
Nothing to do with this conversation, but check out Gilles equipment in your avatar. Goalies of today would likely pick a different sport if they had to wear that. If the league would go back to that I'm sure scoring would increase dramatically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad