Player Discussion With how many goals will Jake Virtanen end the 2018-19 season?

How many goals will Jake Virtanen score in 2018-19

• Total voters

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I just saw the play where Stecher was hit in the face with the puck at the end of the Calgary game. I read a bunch of garbage in the game thread about how Virtanen was dumb because he left the zone early( which he didn't) the player threw the puck towards the offensive zone and it was turned over. If you think JV did something wrong on that play and blame him for Stecher getting hit in the face , you should stop posting like your a hockey expert immediately because you are as clueless as they come.
...says the guy complaining about Green because Virtanen has sucked at hockey since 2014.

Reactions: Luckylarry

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
I think this is the second most depressing season Ive had as a fan since the 2016 season. That was worse: No draft picks, Juolevi over Tkachuk, TDL, Eriksson contract, Near last place finish

This year Virtanen started really moving fwd then stopped progressing and now seems to be going back to his ass 2016 season, not to mention a bunch a other crap: the Comets, Eriksson, Demko, Etc

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think this is the second most depressing season Ive had as a fan since the 2016 season. That was worse: No draft picks, Juolevi over Tkachuk, TDL, Eriksson contract, Near last place finish

This year Virtanen started really moving fwd then stopped progressing and now seems to be going back to his ass 2016 season, not to mention a bunch a other crap: the Comets, Eriksson, Demko, Etc

I don’t deny Jake is trying his hardest, but his hardest just isn’t good enough. We could have had William Nylander! Jake will always be just another low hockey IQ bottom forward, who pots 15 in a good year. JB should be fired firpicking him.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

This year would have been decent to watch if we had healthy Boeser making progress, Pettersson didnt get injured, Hughes had a better year and Demko made some progress...

We got really hit at every front that counts (for me.)

On topic. JV is who he is by now.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
This year would have been decent to watch if we had healthy Boeser making progress, Pettersson didnt get injured, Hughes had a better year and Demko made some progress...

We got really hit at every front that counts (for me.)

JV is who he was when JB foolishly drafted him. The guy has zero hickey IQ. That cannot be improved.

Reactions: timw33

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
It does seem like Virtanen got a lot better offensively this year but this is just a mythe. It's not true.

Last year Virtanen had 20 points in 75 games this year. No pp points, 1 empty net point. 19 even strength points in 75 games.

This year Virtanen has 24 points in 66 games so far. 2 pp points, 4 empty net points. 18 even strength points in 66 games.

Even strength points pace is almost the same. Only difference is he got some pp time this year and he is better without the puck so he can stacked up on some empty points.

Considering the fact that Virtanen played with better player this year and got more ice time. You can make an argument he got worst offensively this year at even strength.

Reactions: timw33 and vanuck

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
...says the guy complaining about Green because Virtanen has sucked at hockey since 2014.
Without coaching players never evolve , just like the rest of the team. None of the prospects ever seem to improve here or in Utica. Just get called out in the media about how bad they are , then get scratched every second game.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
It does seem like Virtanen got a lot better offensively this year but this is just a mythe. It's not true.

Last year Virtanen had 20 points in 75 games this year. No pp points, 1 empty net point. 19 even strength points in 75 games.

This year Virtanen has 24 points in 66 games so far. 2 pp points, 4 empty net points. 18 even strength points in 66 games.

Even strength points pace is almost the same. Only difference is he got some pp time this year and he is better without the puck so he can stacked up on some empty points.

Considering the fact that Virtanen played with better player this year and got more ice time. You can make an argument he got worst offensively this year at even strength.

Yeah. Came back to check the thread. 15 goals as expected.

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

JV is a 22 year old PWF.

Naslund, Henrik, and Daniel took quantum leaps in their games at the ages of 25/26.

Todd Bertuzzi didn’t come flying out of the gates either.

I would argue that it’s *way* too early to claim that JV “is who he is” by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->