With Emelin in, who's out?

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Murray should sit.
Besides being a big body, Murray isn't as useful as Bouillon.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
I'd actually prefer Diaz sits he's my least favourite Hab after DD. But magine if mgm't grew a pair and took both Bouillon and Diaz out?

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Pateryn

Our right side toughens up which is good as that's where our midget forwards line up. Pateryn will only improve by playing in the NHL whereas old Bouillon is clearly in decline and would accept the press box / mentor role of a 7th D. We'd finally have something like a full-sized D-corps.

But my guess is MT will sit Murray when Emelin returns.

kernkraft

Jul 8, 2006
Kanata
He'll play Bouillon as a forward before he scratches him. Can't believe with all this up/down, Pateryn has yet to play an NHL game. I'd be pretty pissed if I were him.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'd actually prefer Diaz sits he's my least favourite Hab after DD. But magine if mgm't grew a pair and took both Bouillon and Diaz out?

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Pateryn

Our right side toughens up which is good as that's where our midget forwards line up. Pateryn will only improve by playing in the NHL whereas old Bouillon is clearly in decline. We'd finally have something like a full-sized D-corps.

Pateryn does deserve a shot. I like these pairings. I hope Tinordi gets his mojo back, he seems to have regressed in Hamilton. Beaulieu, I am not sure will ever be good enough defensively to be a reliable NHLer.

Halifaxhab*

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Murray - Pateryn

Our right side toughens up which is good as that's where our midget forwards line up. Pateryn will only improve by playing in the NHL whereas old Bouillon is clearly in decline and would accept the press box / mentor role of a 7th D. We'd finally have something like a full-sized D-corps.

I'd like to see that. But I agree that it will likely be Murray sitting for Emelin

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
How is Bouillon useful exactly?

With Emelin back, Bouillon is the better of the two options. I think the advantage Murray has over Bouillon is his size and that he's a tank infront of Price. However, he's pretty darn slow. Bouillon isn't any better, but as I mentioned. I think he's the better of the two options with Emelin basically taking Murrays role.

Either way, I expect both Bouilon and Murray to rotate scratches.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
With Emelin back, Bouillon is the better of the two options. I think the advantage Murray has over Bouillon is his size and that he's a tank infront of Price. However, he's pretty darn slow. Bouillon isn't any better, but as I mentioned. I think he's the better of the two options with Emelin basically taking Murrays role.

Either way, I expect both Bouilon and Murray to rotate scratches.

One big, physical d-man is not enough. At what point do we learn this?

Analyzer*

Murray should sit.
Besides being a big body, Murray isn't as useful as Bouillon.

Murray hits and blocks more. Bouillon has more speed to be just as useless.

They should rotate depending on the team, but likely Bouillon will just continuously play.

At least Murray knows he sucks and doesn't try to bring out a puck rushing dman from his inner self when he's 37, or however old Bouillon is. Murray clears the crease, too.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Can't believe it but he will probably sit Murray or maybe play with 7 d's. We should however take one of our extra defenseman and trade him or package him into a deal that will bring us another forward. Apart from the kid line, the only other line that seems to be working is wherever Bournival is playing at the moment, is that freaking normal?? Anyways it says a lot about our veterans. Why not package Diaz or Gorges in deal and get another Bournival (or better) type forward with some grit cause we desperately need it.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
One big, physical d-man is not enough. At what point do we learn this?

Maybe never. We've been small so long it almost seems mgm't accepts this as our identity and is afraid to change. Like when Lil DD was scratched we got 5'8" Dumont in his place, as if the midget ratio had to be maintained wtf...

If Murray is in the lineup Emelin becomes more effective IMO. Murray can get mean and drop the gloves whereas Emelin can't (shouldn't). This is the role Parros should be playing on F, low minutes but a "tough guy" so Prust / Moen can focus on hockey instead of intimidation/fighting.

Bourdon101

Jul 21, 2012
I feel we should just switch between Murray and Bouillon depending on the teams we play.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Maybe never. We've been small so long it almost seems mgm't accepts this as our identity and is afraid to change. Like when Lil DD was scratched we got 5'8" Dumont in his place, as if the midget ratio had to be maintained wtf...

If Murray is in the lineup Emelin becomes more effective IMO. Murray can get mean and drop the gloves whereas Emelin can't (shouldn't). This is the role Parros should be playing on F, low minutes but a "tough guy" so Prust / Moen can focus on hockey instead of intimidation/fighting.
Exactly so well said. The whole of having Murray there is so Emelin could feel more confident to run around and crush people and not having to worry about 4th line scraps coming after him.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
****** defensemen are ****** regardless of how big they are. When are you going to get this?

Not the point. Not sure how you missed it.

Both players are at about the same level, difference is Murray is big and physical.

If Bouillon was effective in any way I would take him over Murray. Problem is, Bouillon is terrible.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What is it with the hate on Murray.

One of the main reasons he is struggling because of who he is paired with. Boullion should be the one who sits.

Gives away pucks, can't hold puck at the line, often caught out of position, the worst is sometimes he looks like he is just out there skating around and when his guy is wide open and you see where Boullion is, its quite ridiculous.

Murray does his job well. I said before the season started he needed to be paired with a mobile dman but who can actually play defense.

Murray is doing what he was brought in for. He has been planted in front of the net, shoving guys out and throwing guys around plus blocking shots. You guys act like your wanting more from him. Murray knows his role and he doesn't often try to get out of his boundaries. Bouillion on the other hand looks like he is trying to be PK Subban when in fact he is a small dman with no hands.

Sit Boullion and pair Murray with lets say a Diaz. His game will be more rounded as he has a guy who can "actually" move the puck out of the zone and knows he has someone that he can rely on from his faults, to give him speed that he doesn't have.

Markov Subban
Emelin Gorges
Murray Diaz

Boullion

This is what the backend should be and needs to be. Boullion could use the rest.

8920070.jpg

Last edited:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

One of the main reasons he is struggling because of who he is paired with. Boullion should be the one who sits.

Gives away pucks, can't hold puck at the line, often caught out of position, the worst is sometimes he looks like he is just out there skating around and when his guy is wide open and you see where Boullion is, its quite ridiculous.

Murray does his job well. I said before the season started he needed to be paired with a mobile dman but who can actually play defense.

Murray is doing what he was brought in for. He has been planted in front of the net, shoving guys out and throwing guys around plus blocking shots. You guys act like your wanting more from him. Murray knows his role and he doesn't often try to get out of his boundaries. Bouillion on the other hand looks like he is trying to be PK Subban when in fact he is a small dman with no hands.

Sit Boullion and pair Murray with lets say a Diaz. His game will be more rounded as he has a guy who can "actually" move the puck out of the zone and knows he has someone that he can rely on from his faults, to give him speed that he doesn't have.

Markov Subban
Emelin Gorges
Murray Diaz

Boullion

This is what the backend should be and needs to be. Boullion could use the rest.
:handclap::yo:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Will be Murray. Tough game yesterday, we were dominated. They were pressuring our D real hard. Type of game we hate playing against. So time on the ice says it all.

Murray: 11:58
Bouillon: 16:46

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
We should however take one of our extra defenseman and trade him or package him into a deal that will bring us another forward.

yeah because in 20 games, it's the first time we'll have a full roster of our regular D (not counting Drewiske) And we will never have injury to our Defense ever again!!!

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I guess that for some, it would take to see Murray being paired with somebody else so that we recognize his limitations. 'CAuse the trend is "everything is Bouillon's fault" which again is understandable, Bou doesn't have too many years in front of him. But Murray is not the type of d-man that thrives in this sport that is going faster by the second. Nobody wanted him by the way. NOBODY. Has to be a sign that he's not SOLELY at the mercy of who he is paired with. And some could also say that Bouillon struggles based on who he is paired with. In the end, we will be a much better team the day we don't have neither Murray or Bouillon on the team. And maybe, myself, I would TOTALLY not sit Murray out day in day out and CLEARLY use Murray AND Bouillon as the #6, letting both guys in the game 'cause we will have another injury at that back end.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Yeah, we should sit Bouillon in the stand with DD, and with Prust coming back, let's sit Brière, and maybe we can bring Beaulieu and use him as a forward and then we could sit Bournival, he will soon lose it you know.... Now all is left to do is to fire Therrien and Send Bergevin doing some scouting in Yukon and HF will be happy....

Seriously, i'm all for alternating between Murray and Bouillon... they both can use the rest once in a while. But to make it defacto Murray over Bouillon is ridiculous... Franky B is no god, but never as awful as some make him out to be in here!

MontrealFans

Apr 4, 2004
Watch Murray sit and lines as follows

Markov-Emelin 25min
Gorges-Diaz 20min
Bouillon-Subban 15min +- Subban's PP

Would be so lol

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yeah, we should sit Bouillon in the stand with DD, and with Prust coming back, let's sit Brière, and maybe we can bring Beaulieu and use him as a forward and then we could sit Bournival, he will soon lose it you know.... Now all is left to do is to fire Therrien and Send Bergevin doing some scouting in Yukon and HF will be happy....

Seriously, i'm all for alternating between Murray and Bouillon... they both can use the rest once in a while. But to make it defacto Murray over Bouillon is ridiculous... Franky B is no god, but never as awful as some make him out to be in here!

I agree, but what the hell do Briere and Bournival have to do with bottom pairing D-men? Especially since Bournival's play seems somewhat sustainable based on advanced stats.

EDIT: are you implying an anti-francophone bias? Cause it's not that, its the MORE BIG movement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad