Speculation: With defender Willie Mitchell injury

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if DL is looking, but I'd rather them give one of the kids a chance to show what they can do. Mitchell and Scuds won't be around forever and it'd be a good time to start getting the next wave of dmen ready for the NHL.

That being said, I read Mitchell is week-to-week, so in a shortened season, there might not be enough time to let a kid go through the growing pains.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

OD was turrible at the end of his time in LA and now he's even older. Call up Muzzin/Hickey and let them battle Whiskey to play.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
If Mitchell was out for the year, I think DL would be actively seeking a top D replacement . But this team has enough veteran D man that have proven they are all good sheriffs in the badlands in their own zone.
This team has more than enough solid D prospects and this is the time to let them get their feet wet.
Having had OD for 2 years in Phillly, he was hanging on then. By March/April he was clearly out of gas, too slow, making costly errors. What you don't need in a time compressed schedule with game every other day is an aging over the hill player. The players under 30 will fare much better.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Honestly, I'd rather give Bodnarchuk a shot than look for another dman.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Wow I didn't even know he was injured. What happened? If we gonna make a run again we needs a lot of Willie!

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Honestly, I'd rather give Bodnarchuk a shot than look for another dman.

Oof. After watching him live on two days ago, I'm not so sold. He seems to chase a bit and took a really, really stupid elbowing penalty when the team was already shorthanded (his might have been the one where they already had two in the box and he was the third). I'd rather see Muzzin, Whiskey, and Hickey there before Bodnarchuk.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
God no, O'Donnell is done. Way too old to keep up with the game now. Playing Kopitar or Richards on defence>>>>> signing him

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Alright, can someone sum up what's going on with Mitchell? Muzzin's in camp while he's hurt? What? And Quick, is he still out, while we're at it? I'm so out of the loop right now.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Trade Bernier, Loktionov and a depth prospect or pick to Chicago for Niklas Hjalmarsson and Ray Emery. Hjalmarsson would be an insurance pickup in case Kings lose Scuderi next season.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Trade Bernier, Loktionov and a depth prospect or pick to Chicago for Niklas Hjalmarsson and Ray Emery. Hjalmarsson would be an insurance pickup in case Kings lose Scuderi next season.

Overpayment for those two guys, imo. Bernier should get them alone.

David Strorm

@ControlPuck
Aug 13, 2012
Manitoba
Personal opinion would be to bring up Hickey. If he plays well, he can only increase in trade value.
(Yes, I know that he was waived this morning.)

Besides the fact that in the aforementioned trade Chicago wins by far, there is no need to trade for Hjalmarsson. Would rather use a D in the system, or sign a different FA. Trade Bernier and Loktionov for something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->