Wisniewski vs Korneev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
James Wisniewski vs Konstantin Korneev.

I know that Korneev was a 9th round pick, and nothing rcan really be excpected from someone selected that deep, but he played well at the WJC, adn seems quite highly rated on the Canadians ratings, placed 9th on the team deemed to have the best prospect pool.

Conversely, Wiz had a great WJC and seemed to be a part of that deadly trio of Suter, Stuart, and Wiz. Yet he's not even rated in the top 15 of the Hawks prospects.

Which do you like, why, and what career projections can you make about each?

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Mountie said:
Conversely, Wiz had a great WJC and seemed to be a part of that deadly trio of Suter, Stuart, and Wiz. Yet he's not even rated in the top 15 of the Hawks prospects.

Our rankings havent been updated in.... i dont know how long. they REALLY need to be updated. Most of the rankings are just HF staff sticking in vandermeer and fraser and the like.

Wisniewski looks a LOT like Morris in the style he plays. He's smaller, so that will certainly be a disadvantage, and probably wont reach the level Morris is at now, but he will be a great d-man for us in the future

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mountie said:
James Wisniewski vs Konstantin Korneev.

I know that Korneev was a 9th round pick, and nothing rcan really be excpected from someone selected that deep, but he played well at the WJC, adn seems quite highly rated on the Canadians ratings, placed 9th on the team deemed to have the best prospect pool.

Which do you like, why, and what career projections can you make about each?

I've never seen Wisniewski, so I can't say but I have seen Korneev several times in the WJC's, RSL and Karjala Cup. He is small, but throws solid hits, very good with the stick check and positional play. Moves the puck well, skates well has decent speed. His shot is weak and he will have major problems moving players from the front of the net. Must get stronger, bigger, and more physical, but has a solid set of skills. Tough to say how he will fair, but hopefully he is brought over this summer or next to play in Hamilton. He has done well at center but hasn't played there for 2 years (that I know of, and it was only a handful of games)

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
What Wizniewski has going for him is that he is willing to be dirty, and to drop em if necessary.

He is small, but he isn't a thin framed kid. He will be signed this offseason, and will play in Norfolk next year. Duncan Keith has done pretty well playing against much stronger competition, we'll see how Wisniewski is next year.

-fullmetalninja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->