Injury Report: Wisniewski - Broken Foot - Out 4 to 6 Weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
@RobMixer "#CBJ coach Todd Richards said Wisniewski will be out "an extended period of time." Broken bone in his foot."

“@RobMixer: #CBJ D James Wisniewski has been placed on IR. He'll be out 4-6 weeks with a broken foot.â€

Last edited:

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
The silver lining to this development is that should (key word: should) provide some younger guys an extended opportunity to show that they can hack it in the bigs. Hopefully they get that chance.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Suspension last year aside, seems like we are only getting a part time player here with Wiz. The injury concerns are worrying me. At least we have some depth at the position though.

I'm not terribly concerned about him injury-wise. I don't remember now what put him out last year but so far this year he got tangled up in a nasty collision and blocked a shot. Both incidents could've happened to anyone.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
I'm not terribly concerned about him injury-wise. I don't remember now what put him out last year but so far this year he got tangled up in a nasty collision and blocked a shot. Both incidents could've happened to anyone.

I seem to remember a broken ankle, concussion, groin strain, and a leg injury last year too... and thats what I can remember

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I seem to remember a broken ankle, concussion, groin strain, and a leg injury last year too... and thats what I can remember

Seriously? I don't remember all that. But then my memory would rival that of a goldfish. Well... a little more concerned now. But I've decided to blame Shanaban.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Seriously? I don't remember all that. But then my memory would rival that of a goldfish. Well... a little more concerned now. But I've decided to blame Shanaban.

Yeah, thats what I remember. I don't doubt that Wiz is a tough customer that battles back to get himself in the lineup once he's injured though, between the suspension plus his injuries, he (only?) missed 34 games. But its disconcerting to see it happening so frequently.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Am I the only one really not concerned about Wiz and Johnson being out the line up? Not from a tanking perspective either. I'm just not worried about them not being in the line up.

That is troubling, as I just don't feel like I'm going to miss them. Admittedly, I would miss Tyutin and Nikitin even less. I feel quite comfortable with Erix and Moore picking up the available minutes.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
This is just like an extended pre-season for the 2013-2014, so more experience for the young defensemen. They need to learn by playing and unfortunately making mistakes. But it's better for that to happen now and have them building experience for next season.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
WTF is it with your defensemen? Last year they were falling apart and this year they need to be feed super glue and duct taped together.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
This is just like an extended pre-season for the 2013-2014, so more experience for the young defensemen. They need to learn by playing and unfortunately making mistakes. But it's better for that to happen now and have them building experience for next season.

The more they play and the better they get, the easier it is to leverage the D strength, veteran or up and coming, into other assets.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
WTF is it with your defensemen? Last year they were falling apart and this year they need to be feed super glue and duct taped together.

I think we are at around 13 man games lost on the D. Not exactly the number needed for duct tape comments to be honest.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Let's see what Erixon, Moore and Goloubef can do over time. If they can demonstrate solid hockey with upside it might make for interesting decisions at deadline, draft and summer time for our D corps....

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just got home. No Wiz. No JJ. No Dubi. No AA. Seems like the kind we win.

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
He's averaging .57 points a game in his CBJ career and is by far the biggest threat the team has on the PP. Yeah, I'd say the CBJ is gonna miss him.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
This means kids like Goloubef, Moore and Erixon get more ice time and this grow faster. Plus were a little bit closer to McKinnon.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
So Wiz played just about the whole game with a broken foot? Thats a player you want on your team. Now, if we could only teach him to not pass to the other team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->