Wishart's play at the U-18

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Just saw 2 games (and not the entire games as well), but anybody else that was dissapointed in Wishart's play? Didn't think he tried that hard, looked out of place most of the time. Wasn't that physical. At one time, he reminded me of.....Patrick Traverse.......

Is it me or did I just watch the wrong guy???

Liked Corrente a lot though....until he let Voracek scored that goal in the bronze medal game, but pretty physical for a guy of that size.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I wrote a thread about this one week ago and I was really disapointed. I saw him one time before U-18 and he looked good. But from what I saw at the U-18, he was weak and didn't take good decisions.
I hope these were just bad games for him...

And BTW, I liked Corrente too and this other Dman, not sure of his name, Ellison or something like this. I think he was playing with Shutron

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Granting that I only saw the Finland and Czech games, not Canada's 3 best performances, I would concur that Wishart looked rather awkward and useless.

Corrente was certainly "noticeable", but I'm not sure it was in a good way. I like him when he plays that way in the OHL, but he was rather out of place in these games, IMO, and he hurt the team more than helped it. If his recklessness had actually created anything useful, that might be different, but I'm not sure that it did.

Shutron was best, IMO, sort of like Gragnani last year in the way he wasn't over-the-top noticeable maybe, but I thought he was deserving even more icetime than he got, and perhaps could have really got more attention if he had been used as the #1 guy.

Ellerby surprised me, I had only his (unimpressive) stats to go by heading into the tourney, but he might be one to watch for a breakout next year, I agree. (He's 2007-draft eligible I believe).

Generally speaking though, it was a rough tourney for Canada, as much on D as on offense, there didn't seem to be much cohesion there, and not much transition generated.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
Gotta agree....Wishart didn't play well. Took waay too many stupid penalties. Granted, I haven't seen him play too often before. He may have been injured or something and that is why his play was questionable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->