Wish You Were Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSC2k2*

Bring Back Bucky said:
In spite of the havoc wreaked in my bedroom, the picture still shines like a beacon leading the ignorant masses to the salvation known as the fantastic new WHA...
Years from now, when people speak of these inaugural moments in the hushed tones appropriately reserved for events of this magnitude and importance, that picture will serve as an icon - a holy grail, if you will - commemorating the time when the future of professional hockey was established by Mr. Hull and his stalwart band of teammates from his three teams.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
gscarpenter2002 said:
Years from now, when people speak of these inaugural moments in the hushed tones appropriately reserved for events of this magnitude and importance, that picture will serve as an icon - a holy grail, if you will - commemorating the time when the future of professional hockey was established by Mr. Hull and his stalwart band of teammates from his three teams.

You had me at hello.. :cry:

Timmy

Feb 2, 2005
Besides the meals issue, any truth to the rumours that the players are wanting to get paid for their services?

And, are the players' agents giving Hull much grief?

Is there a WHAPA set up yet? If so, who's the new union boss?

What does the CBA proposal look like?

Man, I hope this league works, and they don't get into the same problems as the NHL did.

Boy, that could ruin it forever!

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
this adventure is starting to turn more and more into a trip to the Neverland Ranch... :propeller

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Sorry I couldn't post yesterday guys, but my Mom took away my computer priviledges after Mr. Hull & I got in a fight over the top bunk on Wednesday night.

Anyways, yesterday's super fantastic semi-final was a doozie. Even though we had to play at 2:00 a.m. (and sneak into the arena through a window) it was just like being in the big leagues.

With the score tied 2-2 in the third, Mr. Hull banked one off the boards and hit the pylon in the turned-around net square in the middle. The fans went nuts, which kind of pissed me off since I'm on the "DarkJerseys" and Mr. Hull was playing for the "YellowPennys" and both fans are my relatives.

Anyway, we're eliminated now, but Mr. Hull got into an argument with the YellowPennies "marquee player", Sergei Krivokrasov over which one of them got MVP for the game (and the garlic fingers at Greco) and now Sergei is quitting. As a result, it looks like i may get picked up to play in the championship game.

It's funny, I always just thought of big league sports as fun and games; the super wha tournament has showed me the human side of it. THe emotional toll has been immense not only for myself & Mr. Hull, but the other seven guys as well. We've lived together, laughed together and cried together. We are brothers now.

Sincerely, and with love

Bring Back BUcky

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Hi Guys,

THE TOURNAMENT IS OVER!!!!

My new team, the yellowpennies won over Mr. Hull and the "no-shirts" 21-19 in a classic tilt played on the tennis court up the street.

Before the game, my dad took some of my old minor hockey trophies and got new award plates put on them at the trophy shop. (Mr. Hull promised to send him back the thirty bucks).

The tournament MVP award was me, Bring Back Bucky (only way I'd agree to give up my old trophies was if I was named MVP)

The Marc Tardif award for top scorer went to Mr. Hull with 28 goals and 2 assists in seven games. Not suprisingly, mr. Hull said the tim hortons gift certificates went with this award

MR. Hull also gave himself the award for most sportsmanlike player- it was going to go to Doug Doull, but Mr. Hull and I were the only two left at the awards ceremony, and he's still pissed at me over the table hockey game...

Anyway, I just want to say that Mr. Hull and the rest of the WHA officials (my mom & dad) are to be commended for a first rate experience enjoyed by myself and the other up and coming hockey professionals at the event. I think Mr. Bettman & Co. better take a long hard look at what went on here and keep in mind that players have another alternative....

Anyway, I want to thank you all for sharing this journey with me. My first foray into professional sports has been a whirlwind adventure. I'm gonna miss Mr. Hull, but I have to admit, I'm looking forward to having my room back to myself...

Bring Back Bucky

Lanny MacDonald*

Ka-lassic thread! That was one of the best. Great job Bucky! Oh, and give my best to Bobby's toupe.

SENSible1*

I generally dispise messege board humour attempts, but this thread was fantastic.

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad