Wish You Were Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Hi, Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a fantastic time here at the fabulous WHA Bobby Hull invitational. The seats are first rate, and I actually got to play in the first game when Doug Doull couldn't get the day off...

There have been a few minor snags, but nothing serious enough for me to believe this league isn't the real deal. Sure, Mark Recchi isn't here, and they have to hand off gloves during line changes, but I remain optimistic. Having Bobby Hull out there playing for all three teams is extra fantastic as well!!!

For me the highlight was honorary commissioner Mike Modano coming out to drop the puck with his gorgeous farrah-fawcett-haired giant poodle Anastasia-Priscilla at the opening ceremonies.

Top scorers so far are:

Bobby Hull
Youngblood
Bobby Hull
Bobby Hull
The guy who cleans the ice

Anyway, I gotta go, I guess I'm tending nets in the championship game in about fifteen minutes, and the winning team gets free teen-burgers at A&W. Take care.

Yours truly,

Bring Back Bucky

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Come on, BBB -- you know I want pictures!

It's supposed to run all the way till June 3rd or something, isn't it? I look forward to your game recaps and tournament summary at the end!

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Cloned said:
Come on, BBB -- you know I want pictures!

It's supposed to run all the way till June 3rd or something, isn't it? I look forward to your game recaps and tournament summary at the end!

Hi Guys!!

Still having a great time, my team (we were supposed to be called the Toros, but the jerseys didn't get here so were called "the darks") won the big round robin kick-off based on my 18 save shutout last night. It was pretty awesome stopping Peter Popovic on that breakaway....this is NHL stuff.

Anyway, after the big game, Mr. Hull took us to A&W for those teen-burgers. Unfortunately, (and much to his embarassment and suprise) he only had enough money for his own. No big deal, since my Mom was driving us anyway she treated us each to a donair.

Anyway, the eight other guys here in the hotel room are still trying to sleep, so I better stop this typing.

Talk to you soon

Bring Back Bucky

GSC2k2*

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

This thread rules the freaking universe!

Bobby must have been relying on his two-for-one teenburger coupons, only to find out they expired.

grego

Jan 12, 2005
Saskatchewan
Bring Back Bucky said:
Hi Guys!!

Still having a great time, my team (we were supposed to be called the Toros, but the jerseys didn't get here so were called "the darks") won the big round robin kick-off based on my 18 save shutout last night. It was pretty awesome stopping Peter Popovic on that breakaway....this is NHL stuff.

Anyway, after the big game, Mr. Hull took us to A&W for those teen-burgers. Unfortunately, (and much to his embarassment and suprise) he only had enough money for his own. No big deal, since my Mom was driving us anyway she treated us each to a donair.

Anyway, the eight other guys here in the hotel room are still trying to sleep, so I better stop this typing.

Talk to you soon

Bring Back Bucky

Is one of the other teams called the Skins?

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
gscarpenter2002 said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

This thread rules the freaking universe!

Bobby must have been relying on his two-for-one teenburger coupons, only to find out they expired.

It actually went down like this:

Hull, swaggering up to counter: "Yeah, where's Jimmy"

A&W Server: "Jimmy doesn't work here anymore, sir"

Hull, suddenly appearing nervous, color draining from face "What do you mean, Jimmy doesn't work here anymore?""

A&W Server "Yeah, he got fired for serving his loser friends free food"

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Bring Back Bucky said:
It actually went down like this:

Hull, swaggering up to counter: "Yeah, where's Jimmy"

A&W Server: "Jimmy doesn't work here anymore, sir"

Hull, suddenly appearing nervous, color draining from face "What do you mean, Jimmy doesn't work here anymore?""

A&W Server "Yeah, he got fired for serving his loser friends free food"
I don't believe you.

I find it impossible that a teenager working for A&W would use the term "sir." ;)

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Sunday Update

Sorry guys, this update is going to be very brief. I'm pretty tired and sore this morning, as us guys all had to sleep in Mr. Hull's van last night. Apparently there was a mix-up with his credit card, which he assured us should be clarified today.

Cheers!

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Bucky can we still get tickets? Does Mr. Hull sign autograghs at the game ........
..................................or did his pen run out of ink?

Lanny MacDonald*

pei fan said:
..................................or did his pen run out of ink?

Rumor has it that his pen still has plenty of ink in it, but all of it is red. :biglaugh:

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Hi, Guys. Great news!! We took the first game of the elimination round against the "yellow penneys" 4-2, with Mr. Hull scoring all the goals for both teams.

It didn't look like we were going to be able to get the game off the ground when we arrived at the arena for the 2:00 p.m. start. WHen Mr. Hull came out of the meeting with the arena manager, he was muttering something about another "line error" with his credit card. In the end, Mr. Hull found us another venue- the basement of a Catholic Church for a game of ball hockey.

I played out this time- no way I was letting Mr. Hull fire that hard orange ball at me, no sir.. Anyways, it pretty exciting to play on a line with Mr. Hull. I was centring Mr. Hull on my left and Petri Skriko on my right. I think the 6 nuns watching the game dubbed us the "Hall of Fame Line".

Anyway, I gotta get going. It's my turn to take a shower. It's pretty great having all these hockey heroes sleeping over, but Mom's pretty pissed off about all the food they've been eating.

Talk to you soon!!!

Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Hi Guys,

Just me again. There were no games yesterday because the other seven guys got pissed off because Mr. Hull didn't want to buy them breakfast, so me and Mr. Hull had a "Super WHA FantasticTabletop Hockey World Championship Extravaganza" tournament instead. It was really fun, except at the end when I won and Mr. Hull smashed my table hockey game. Mom said he has to be out of our house before the weekend, so I don't know how many more updates I'l be able to give.

Reporting from the fantastic WHA super-tournament,

Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chiavsfan said:
Well, when your playing for something that valuable, then I understand his anger. Was the picture damaged in the attack?

In spite of the havoc wreaked in my bedroom, the picture still shines like a beacon leading the ignorant masses to the salvation known as the fantastic new WHA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad