Wiping On-Line Footprint - Data Brokers

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Maybe not for all but I'm a bit concerned with the amount of information out there when you Google your name. I've spent some time deleting profiles out there from the likes of

Mylife.com - they are absolute crooks
Intellius
Whitepages
Been Verified

What concerns me is address info shows up, sat photos of your home, phone numbers, relatives, exes....ect. You can delete them but it takes some work. Sites like Mylife in the locked profile will state stuff like this person has criminal convictions, arrests and or a traffic offenses. Yah I got a ticket three years ago but that overall statement is very misleading. These sites will also pool all your social media which thankfully mine is pretty locked down.

Pretty good read on how to do some of them yourself

How To Remove Information From Spokeo, MyLife, PeopleSmart, Intelius and Other People-Finder Sites | ReputationDefender

Sites like reputation defender do this for you for huge $$$$. I feel like something needs to be done about these data brokers, an opt out for all similar to the Do Not Call List. I did notice some of them get their info from each other, once one is gone so are several others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad