Wiping down equipment at the gym

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
People that don't clean their equipment are the worst. When I was in university a majority of people would clean off the mats and equipment/machines/benches they used but now that I have been at Goodlife for the past 3 years its completely the opposite.

It is a bit of a pet peeve especially during flu season but consistent gym go-ers should know better.

Reactions: BHD

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
People that don't clean their equipment are the worst. ...
It is a bit of a pet peeve especially during flu season but consistent gym go-ers should know better.
I'm not a "gym rat" but I have been a regular for 2 years since my heart attack. Equipment cleanliness is probably my second peeve (especially, as you noted, during times of the year when communicable disease risks are higher); but it's usually convenient for me to grab a wipe & clean the equipment surfaces I'll be touching during use, even if I see someone wiping it down before me.

P.S. (OT): My #1 peeve is people who are clearly finished with a machine (primarily resistance-type with weights), but sit & linger on their smartphones while preventing other dues-paying gym members from getting their routine started or proceeding. Common courtesy, folks, over your habitual need to check your Likes every five minutes. :jockstrap:

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'm not a "gym rat" but I have been a regular for 2 years since my heart attack. Equipment cleanliness is probably my second peeve (especially, as you noted, during times of the year when communicable disease risks are higher); but it's usually convenient for me to grab a wipe & clean the equipment surfaces I'll be touching during use, even if I see someone wiping it down before me.

P.S. (OT): My #1 peeve is people who are clearly finished with a machine (primarily resistance-type with weights), but sit & linger on their smartphones while preventing other dues-paying gym members from getting their routine started or proceeding. Common courtesy, folks, over your habitual need to check your Likes every five minutes. :jockstrap:
Yup and don't forget ppl who use their waterbottles to 'hold' a machine and don't show up for the next 10 mins cause they are finishing a set somewhere else lol

Spikey

Feb 12, 2020
Yep I see this all the time when I'm at the gym. People don't care and are lazy. I always wipe down equipment that I use.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Seems the conditions of the original topic have changed dramatically, now that the worldwide supply of disinfectant wipes has been decimated by COVID-19 panic buyers. :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad