Speculation: WIP to Make a Major Announcement Today (April Fools)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Well they finally did it... First they got rid of the Flyers and Sixers Game Broadcasts and now they will announce that they will no longer air the Phillies games.

In conjunction with that they are changing their broadcasting policy and are becoming an All Eagles Station... It will become official; only Birds talk will be allowed on the station and all other sports talk will not tolerated.

The official announcement is expected late this afternoon... I really don't see how this is a great change.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't listen much to them anyway. Really not much of any sports radio around here to be honest. Only when something major happens when I am driving home from class/work is when I listen. I love to entertain myself with Toronto sports radio. Oh the good old Toronto fans.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
WIP was pretty much always all Eagles anyway. Most of the callers that tried to talk about the Flyers just ended up sounding like idiots most of the time.

ericWONT

Ron Hakstol
Feb 7, 2014
Delaware/Philly
As a listener to WIP for a few years, I can already tell that this was coming. It seems even in April/May, during the heat of the Flyer's race for the playoffs, a solid percentage of callers and conversations between the hosts was about the Eagles.

I don't really mind it honestly. Don't listen to them as much because the nonstop Eagles talk/speculation is just annoying.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It may be an April Fool's joke, but it's not even close to being a joke. It really is Eagles radio.

It is right now:

Sixers stink
Phillies stinks
Flyers, people just aren't knowledgeable about them
Eagles love and are good again and are making news left and right.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
It is right now:

Sixers stink
Phillies stinks
Flyers, people just aren't knowledgeable about them
Eagles love and are good again and are making news left and right.

I can tolerate the callers, the thing I can't tolerate is how the hosts echo the ridiculous callers' sentiments. Cataldi is maybe the most annoying radio personality in America.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Surely this is fake, but even if it isn't there's no great loss there. Get XM radio and listen to MLB/NHL radio. It is great.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I can tolerate the callers, the thing I can't tolerate is how the hosts echo the ridiculous callers' sentiments. Cataldi is maybe the most annoying radio personality in America.

Well Cataldi is an act. You have to really take him with a grain of salt, nobody is that stupid.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Coming from the Sticky:

Tomorrow is April 1st, known to some as "April Fool's Day." In many places it is a time for pranks and general silliness.

Be forewarned that HFBoards is NOT one of those places. The site rules still apply on April 1st, and any inappropriate behavior will have repercussions.

Consider this your warning.

All the best,

HFBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad