OT: Winterlude

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Hey guys, I'll be going to Winterlude tomorrow and will be driving; does anyone know where I can park without getting ticketed/towed? I find the parking restrictions that the city has put up during the event in some of the areas utterly ridiculous. Thanks in advance!

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Does the underground parking for the one theatre downtown still have free(?) weekend parking?

Otherwise I always would pay and park at the grocery store on Rideau and Cumberland.

Been a year or two since I last parked downtown though for winterlude.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
I think some of the parking spots around Slater, Albert, Metcalfe, and O'Connor are free. It's definitely free way down Slater and Albert around Kent, Bay, and Lyon, but that's a bit of a jaunt. Then again, you can park around here and grab one of the Winterlude shuttles at one of the hotels.

Anyway, if you're parking downtown, just look for the signs to see where you can park for free.

SENSational Sens Fan

Mar 21, 2010
Calgary
Thanks once again for all the suggestions guys! Went around the streets off the east side of the Ottawa U campus and around Greenfield looking for a spot but to no avail. Ended up parking underground at the Convention Center. A bit pricy ($17), but the convenience made it worthwhile. And had a great time with my work buddies skating on the canal, seeing the ice sculptures, and attending the skating performances and dance party! :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->