Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Seeing a lot about Lindelof to Manchester United as a done deal. Is he really all that great that he is a upgrade on what we have? I mean I guess it's not hard to be an upgrade on Rojo and Jones but with the form they've been in, I can't see them being split up. Also I guess that he would provide another option because realistically we only have 3 CB with Bailly at AFCON (unless I'm forgetting someone) but when Bailly comes back we have a stockpile of CB with 5 capable starting if Lindelof actually comes. Anyway is Lindelof that great that he is worth 42M euros and would he be starting here with Smalling until Bailly gets back? What style does he play?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Another smart move for PSG (NOT), since Emery doesn't want to loan promising winger Ikoné (who made a grand total of 6 appearances so far) because he likes him. Well, duh, everyone likes him, but you prefer starting a lazy Di Maria over him and now Draxler is also there to make sure Ikone won't even get the 6 games he had.
Well El Khelaifi for once showed his muscles and Ikone will be loaned to Lille despite Emery's will.
http://www.francefootball.fr/news/Mercato-jonathan-ikone-psg-vers-lille/766778

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Can Levy hang on to Dele?

I don't see him leaving. He knows full well that if he went to Real or Barca then he wouldn't get the same game time he would now. It would be much better for him to stay at Tottenham and have a run at the title than think about moving.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I don't think Real or Barca have any interest in him right now. English market more likely.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I'd think he stays there for at least another year and a half more... then a bigger fish may come for him. Gigantic fee to get him tho

I think he's gone this summer but that might be wishful thinking.

Meanwhile, Arsenal has apparently bid a large amount for Andrea Belotti but have been told no.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I don't think Real or Barca have any interest in him right now. English market more likely.

Levy won't let him go to a big English club. If he does that, he may as well be signing Pochettino's ticket to a bigger club. If the club sells to a Spanish club, I think Poch COULD stomach that. But to ManU or Chelsea? I think he'd bolt to the next big club.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Levy won't let him go to a big English club. If he does that, he may as well be signing Pochettino's ticket to a bigger club. If the club sells to a Spanish club, I think Poch COULD stomach that. But to ManU or Chelsea? I think he'd bolt to the next big club.

Rumor has it that Barcelona actually wants Pochettino as Enrique's successor.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I don't see him leaving. He knows full well that if he went to Real or Barca then he wouldn't get the same game time he would now. It would be much better for him to stay at Tottenham and have a run at the title than think about moving.
If Dele Alli wants to reach the next level a move to Real Madrid would make sense. I think being coached by Zidane would be great.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It'd be nice if they could hold onto Alli. Best thing for the league if they can retain their top players this time around and continue building a very competitive team.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
- Benfica are interested in River youngster Andrade.

- Also hear Las Palmas want Calleri. It would be hilarious to see him leave after just a few months at West Ham.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If Dele Alli wants to reach the next level a move to Real Madrid would make sense. I think being coached by Zidane would be great.

Why would Madrid want Alli though? They have better options in midfield and they're looking at Dembélé for the wing.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
They wouldn't be my team of choice if I were from another part of Italy, but fair enough. I don't think anyone would be surprised if Dybala's fee reached 100M+.

You do know Juventus is the most popular team in Sicily right ? And Dybala won't just reach 100 million €. Torino turned down 65m € from Arsenal for Belotti holding out for his 100 mil € release clause. If Belotti is getting firm offers for €65 mil and won't sell for less then 100 € mil, then Dybala won't just get 100 mil €. Dybala will cost well over 100 mil £. He will get bare minimum 120-140 million euro. I feel Pogba got 100, Dybala will bring in more.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Why would Madrid want Alli though? They have better options in midfield and they're looking at Dembélé for the wing.

I don't think Dembele is a short-term prospect for them. Contract runs through 2021 and Dortmund simply don't sell key players with more than one year left on their contract unless they have a release clause, or are going to lose value with age. I'd be surprised if he stayed there less than three years.

I agree that unlike Bale or Modric, Alli isn't quite Madrid quality.

And Dybala won't just reach 100 million €.

Hence the "+" sign in my post after 100M. Dybala is a better player than Pogba, but that doesn't mean he'll draw a bigger fee.

Consider me extremely skeptical of that Belotti story. That's 18M more than Arsenal's record signing, an already world class Özil.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I can tell you Madrid is interested. Lots of papers here about it. And they're ready to spend a whole lot of money. Probably not this summer, but the next one you can bet on it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I can tell you Madrid is interested. Lots of papers here about it. And they're ready to spend a whole lot of money. Probably not this summer, but the next one you can bet on it.

They're obviously interested Mcsorely is just clueless.

That being said with Barca having their worst year in some time, they will be looking to make changes. Lucho will definitely leave and it looks like Ivan has fallen out of favour. If he's not convinced by a new coach he'll be the first to leave. Should bring in a good offer to help finance the Dybala sale.

I also would hope Barca buy a midfielder and a RB.

In Bellerin/Dybala and CM

Out masch, Ivan, paco, and Rafinha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad