Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Woodward will hand deliver that check once he scores two against Liverpool :)

25 goals in 1.5 seasons as a 20 year old is remarkable. Long may it continue.
Martial's a nice young player. But probably worth less than half of what he went for.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It does. With that much money spent, you should make better choices than Anthony Martial.

It absolutely does not matter. At all. It's a drop of water in the bucket for them financially. They wanted the player and they got him. And they still had enough in the budget to sign Pogba, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic etc this summer without Champions League football. There are no budgetary reasons they can't get a player that They want. May as well be a Chinese club. And people still hate the Glazers.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Of course it does. When you spend 80M€, you expect your scout to do a better job than a mere good young player. You expect a spectacular young player.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Of course it does. When you spend 80M€, you expect your scout to do a better job than a mere good young player. You expect a spectacular young player.

Price aside, sounds like you think Martial will only ever be just good. Nothing special. What's your thoughts on him long term? What limits him from hitting the next level? Just curious on your take since you've watched him longer than most of us.

oilers92

Jan 26, 2010
Edmonton

only gets to 80m if he becomes something special tho, also 25 goals(as need for the next payment) in a season and a half is nothing to scoff at, a little more polish and he will be more then worth it

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Oh Real you want Dybala now ? Juve is not some small fish who needs to bow down to your inflated Spanish government money.

You want Dybala ? 120 million €. Younger and better then Pogba with more potential. Or 80 mil € and Kroos.

If Dybala is sold it will shatter Pogbas fee.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Poor little anti-establishment Juventus having to play hardball against the big, rich, entirely illicitly funded clubs business interests.

:nopity:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Price aside, sounds like you think Martial will only ever be just good. Nothing special. What's your thoughts on him long term? What limits him from hitting the next level? Just curious on your take since you've watched him longer than most of us.

I was not high on Martial when Monaco bought him from Lyon.
He proved me wrong by being more than a speedy dribbler with some nice outings in CL.
I think he's going to be a very very good player but not a special player. Not because of lack of talent, but lack of brains. He strikes me as someone with few brains and not a big football IQ. His choices in the key moments are not very good.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Oh Real you want Dybala now ? Juve is not some small fish who needs to bow down to your inflated Spanish government money.

You want Dybala ? 120 million €. Younger and better then Pogba with more potential. Or 80 mil € and Kroos.

If Dybala is sold it will shatter Pogbas fee.

A guy with a username alluding to the Sicilian mafia rooting for Juventus and playing the victim. Nice.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
A guy with a username alluding to the Sicilian mafia rooting for Juventus and playing the victim. Nice.

Yep I'm Sicilian and I'll always have a soft spot for Palermo and Catania but Buffon has been my favorite footballer growing up and have always bled black and white. I could give two ***** that Juve is in the North. And no victim card it's just funny that teams like Real and Barca who get government $ think they can just buy whoever they want from whomever they want. Juve is a prestigious club and our $ is fine. RM want Dybala then they can pay the 120 mil €.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

I don't think it matters at all.

It matters if they would not have been able to afford Pogba because of the money they spent on Martial. Because they can sign both without batting an eye it's irrelevant.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yep I'm Sicilian and I'll always have a soft spot for Palermo and Catania but Buffon has been my favorite footballer growing up and have always bled black and white. I could give two ***** that Juve is in the North. And no victim card it's just funny that teams like Real and Barca who get government $ think they can just buy whoever they want from whomever they want. Juve is a prestigious club and our $ is fine. RM want Dybala then they can pay the 120 mil €.

Well yeah, they don't expect to be just handed Dybala.:laugh:

Like I said earlier he will be sold and it will break the wheel. I still think he ends up at Barca. Also lol at the government providing them with aid.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think it matters at all.

It matters if they would not have been able to afford Pogba because of the money they spent on Martial. Because they can sign both without batting an eye it's irrelevant.

The bubble will burst at some point so year it matters.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

They wouldn't be my team of choice if I were from another part of Italy, but fair enough. I don't think anyone would be surprised if Dybala's fee reached 100M+.

The television money won't always be this good, but United could indirectly benefit in the long term from inflating the market if other EPL clubs are also expected to pay 60M+ for a player of Martial's standing.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

No it won't. They can just churn out the guys they don't want anymore. Basically a worse version of what Chelsea is doing because at least Chelsea is developing those players. Man Utd is going to MAKE money on selling Schneiderlin this window. Not to mention they are going to annihilate the market via inflation.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Real doesn't want Dybala

Where did you read this? I'm hoping it's true tho.

The television money won't always be this good, but United could indirectly benefit in the long term from inflating the market if other EPL clubs are also expected to pay 60M+ for a player of Martial's standing.

There's what other EPL teams are doing then there's Manu.

No it won't. They can just churn out the guys they don't want anymore. Basically a worse version of what Chelsea is doing because at least Chelsea is developing those players. Man Utd is going to MAKE money on selling Schneiderlin this window.

Do you really expect teams to continue buying players as if they're playing monopoly? What's next players sold for 500 million? At some point the market will reset and every will go back to normal.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
There's what other EPL teams are doing then there's Manu.

Do you really expect teams to continue buying players as if they're playing monopoly? What's next players sold for 500 million? At some point the market will reset and every will go back to normal.

Yes. Yes I do. There is nothing to dissuade them from doing so. China is already making 9 figure bids for players themselves.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
The bubble doesn't pop until people stop using oil and markets like China and India are fully developed.

That's partly true but the lesser EPL clubs that are still getting 60-70% of their revenue from the tv contract will be deeply affected by its swings. Bigger clubs that can sell their more familiar and marketable but unwanted players to China will disproportionately benefit from the money that Chinese clubs are offering.

awesomo

Sep 12, 2007
location, location
Manu needs that CL money lol :sarcasm:

i dont remember if that Adidas sponsor money is still taken away if they dont make CL. They qualified last year so i dunno if that clause is still in effect

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->