Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He watches them on a regular basis and wants them to succeed. He's a fan whether he admits it to himself is another matter.

Then I'm a fan of every L1 team except OM. And even then I pull for OM in european competitions.

I'm a french NT fan. THAT at least is true.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
As pointed out here, when Witsel went to Zenit that was all about money so we shouldn't be surprised about him going to China. There will be more players who do this. Better players too.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I wouldn't really argue with "above all". :) That's first on the list, anyway, and if they make it there, that's the biggest part of the dream. But from then on, I'd definitely say there's more than just money making them move towards playing for the best teams in the world.

Do south american players dream of winning a la liga,Bundesliga,EPL or seriea A title over their own leagues? I doubt that.

Then I'm a fan of every L1 team except OM. And even then I pull for OM in european competitions.

I'm a french NT fan. THAT at least is true.

I wouldn't doubt that. The two are not mutual exclusive.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Lol, if you think I'm a PSG fan, you still haven't got it.

As for most players I'd say most players care about playing competitive football AND making money over making more money and nothing else.

agreed, most guys love the sport above making a million more or less. Other guys love more money than the sport, Witsel is one of them.

Happens in all sports (see Nick Kyrgios in Tennis for example)

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
reports of Kouassi Eboue signing for Celtic. 3m pounds/euros? from russian club krasnodar. seems like a more lunatic version of ngolo kante. thatll do...

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Rumour has it Dybala has rejected Juve's initial contract offer of 4.5 million...he wants HIguain money. That and he's put negations on hold since Madrid and Barca have shown interest.

It's a matter of when not if he'll leave and it's going to break the wheel.

Jul 7, 2009
Rumour has it Dybala has rejected Juve's initial contract offer of 4.5 million...he wants HIguain money. That and he's put negations on hold since Madrid and Barca have shown interest.

It's a matter of when not if he'll leave and it's going to break the wheel.

How much do you think you he will be sold for?

Is there a rumoured fee?

Mar 1, 2002
http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-...k-aubameyang-linked-with-chinese-super-league

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the latest name linked with a mega-money move to the Chinese Super League, and could be set to break transfer and wage records in the process.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the 27-year-old Borussia Dortmund striker, who has previously been linked with Manchester City and Real Madrid, is the subject of a €150 million bid from Shanghai SIPG that would net him €41m-a-season in wages.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
http://www.espnfc.us/blog/transfer-...k-aubameyang-linked-with-chinese-super-league

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is the latest name linked with a mega-money move to the Chinese Super League, and could be set to break transfer and wage records in the process.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the 27-year-old Borussia Dortmund striker, who has previously been linked with Manchester City and Real Madrid, is the subject of a €150 million bid from Shanghai SIPG that would net him €41m-a-season in wages.

I like how the headline's "set for a move" changed into "linked with a move" in the article.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

This is where my desire to play at the highest level would shift to "wait - how much? say what???"

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This is where my desire to play at the highest level would shift to "wait - how much? say what???"

Yep. Still play the game you love and get paid an obscene amount of money, I'd seriously consider it if I were him. Everyone has a number, over 40 million a year has to be close to a lot of players' number.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Just imagine if the Chinese League had been doing this when Beckham was around, the transfer fee and wages based on his pure marketability and celebrity would've been obscene.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, sure, 41 million is absurd, but it's not like he couldn't get something like 30-35 while living in Madrid, Barcelona or London.

The fees are ridiculous, but there's something to be said about where he'd live, and the league quality. The money will also be there for him down the road if he wants. He could make a move to Madrid or Chelsea, play for 2-3 more seasons and then go to China and make a king's ransom then.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I mean, sure, 41 million is absurd, but it's not like he couldn't get something like 30-35 while living in Madrid, Barcelona or London.

The fees are ridiculous, but there's something to be said about where he'd live, and the league quality. The money will also be there for him down the road if he wants. He could make a move to Madrid or Chelsea, play for 2-3 more seasons and then go to China and make a king's ransom then.

Yea it must be terrible living in a modern city like Shanghai.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Would accept 150M for Auba in a heartbeat. I'm thinking he'll leave in the next couple of summers anyway, and I trust Dortmund's management to put the money to good use. With that said, zero chance of it happening this winter, and I doubt he'd go there if Madrid are interested.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
How much do you think you he will be sold for?

Is there a rumoured fee?

More than Pogba.

Last I checked barca got their offer for 90 million rejected. He won't leave in January and probably not this summer. Well maybe if Barca fail to win anything and decide to make a splash.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sooooo, latest PSG news :
- Ben Arfa was asked to leave by Emery. Ben Arfa refused and said he'll stay and fight for playing time. El-Khelaifi digged his own grave by stating a few minutes ago that Ben Arfa was remarkable in attitude and wilingness, but that his style was not "compatible" with Emery's (well duh, playing Matuidi LW isn't a style, it's stupidity) and as such, wouldn't refuse a move out.
- There's also Jese who's been shown the door by Emery, even though he insisted on getting him for 30M€ last summer ( :facepalm: ).
- in all this mess, Juventus are apparently preparing a 94M€ offer next summer for Verratti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->