Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lame. Mesut should finish his career winning some titles with Napoli.

Insigne - Mertens
Mesut
Zielinski* - Hamsik
Jorginho*
Ghoulam - Koulibaly - Maksimovic - Hysaj​

Bench:
Milik; Ounas, Callejon; Diawara, Rog, Allan; Rui, Giaccherini; Chichires, Tonelli, Luperto.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Will be very interesting to see what happens with Özil. Very happy that he has become quite average at Arsenal, but no doubt that he is extremely talented. At the right club or under the right management at Arsenal he should still have some good years left in him.

Can't help thinking he should go to Utd to play for Mourinho. Özil in that team could be deadly.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You should look into their history. I know he's said some nice things about him, and maybe he'd take him in but I feel like his position on Ozil's need for coddling and lack of intensity wouldn't mesh well especially in this environment.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So Memphis Depay says he's going to Real next. Thinks he's bound to play there at some point.

Hey man, you can't even break Lyon's first XI, replaced by a young player (Aouar). You were even sent to Lyon B team the other day.
Meanwhile you were on the bench to see Fekir play dominant football.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
So Memphis Depay says he's going to Real next. Thinks he's bound to play there at some point.

Hey man, you can't even break Lyon's first XI, replaced by a young player (Aouar). You were even sent to Lyon B team the other day.

Talented kid. But man, absolute shit for brains.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Two rumours...

- Sounds like Man City is going to prepare an offer for Alexis Sanchez in winter.
- Oezil and his agent have had positive contract talks with Arsenal.

We should've sold Sanchez during the summer and brought in Lemar as his replacement but when you have Wenger in charge, common sense goes out the window immediately.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
We should've sold Sanchez during the summer and brought in Lemar as his replacement but when you have Wenger in charge, common sense goes out the window immediately.

They tried. Lemar said no, or it would have happened.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Maybe he means Real Beits or Real Soceidad :laugh:

Reactions: East Coast Bias

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Not a rumor but my own speculation: I can't see how Malcolm doesn't end up somewhere else than Bordeaux. He's not cup tied to EL or CL and he's only going to get better. Good teams will try to move onto him fast before it ends up in a bidding war. Would love to see him sign with Arsenal especially with Sanchez and Ozil on the way out. A breath of fresh air with a younger talent.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
They tried. Lemar said no, or it would have happened.

They didn't try... they waited until the last second, like usual and ran out of time, like usual.

For once I'd like for Wenger to do his business early on in the window instead of waiting to the last minute and getting turned down 99.9% of the time.

You sell Sanchez a week into the window and use that cash to revamp your roster. What's the point of keeping Sanchez for half a season when we could've gotten Lemar for the entire season and the next what... 3, 4 or 5 more years?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They didn't try... they waited until the last second, like usual and ran out of time, like usual.

For once I'd like for Wenger to do his business early on in the window instead of waiting to the last minute and getting turned down 99.9% of the time.

You sell Sanchez a week into the window and use that cash to revamp your roster. What's the point of keeping Sanchez for half a season when we could've gotten Lemar for the entire season and the next what... 3, 4 or 5 more years?

Monaco accepted their bid. They had enough time. Teams leave it later every window. You’ve got this one a little backwards.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Monaco accepted their bid. They had enough time. Teams leave it later every window. You’ve got this one a little backwards.

You don't go chasing Lemar when there's 3 hours left before the window closes and he's about to play for France, giving him no time whatsoever so sign a new deal for a new team, playing in another country. There's more then just a signature on piece of paper that has to be taken into consideration here.

There's the entire human aspect of it all that gets thrown out the window too easily by fans IMO.

City wanted Sanchez from the second the window opened and vice-versa. Wenger didn't pull the trigger and Monaco's price went up every second the window was getting older.

It's same old same old from Arsenal and it's definitely time for a change. I seriously hope we miss out on a top #4 spot and lose both Ozil and Sanchez for nothing, that way we'd get a new bench boss and a new direction... something this club desperately needs.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I saw that also. Most reports are also that Sanchez will be leaving in January. Should certainly be interesting to see what ends up happening this winter; I feel like it will be a bigger winter window than usual.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not sure there's much in it but 'Don Balon' is reportedly saying that Bale would prefer to go to Spurs and that he's open to a move there. I don't think they can afford him really, but it'd be a nice story for them.
Anybody believe there is some truth to the rumours that James wants to leave Bayern already?
Yes. Not overly sure why, but despite his talent he kind of seems like a bit of a baby. I'd still take him at Liverpool though I'm not sure he'd jive with the team.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I can't see Spurs paying for Bale. Real is likely gonna still want at least 75m for him so unless it's something like Bale + 100M for Kane or Bale for Alli, I don't see Spurs being able to afford it

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I think that would be a pretty unrealistic price for Real to set. I know that they typically get good fees for their 'unwanted' players but Bale's injury history and age are going to factor into his price for sure. No teams out there are going to want him for that kind of price. Real could obviously still keep him as a bench option, but I'm not sure Bale would be happy with that despite his fitness.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I don't disagree, but he's got a long term contract and is still a world class player when he's healthy. Real isn't going to let him go without getting a great price for him.

I'd think if Spurs came asking Real would want either a crazy fee or Kane, neither of which I think Spurs would do.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I can't see Spurs paying for Bale. Real is likely gonna still want at least 75m for him so unless it's something like Bale + 100M for Kane or Bale for Alli, I don't see Spurs being able to afford it
Don't think Kane goes for 175M right now.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Don't think Kane goes for 175M right now.

I wasn't thinking RM would necessarily pay that, but you'd have to pay close to that to pull Kane away from Spurs. He's a hometown boy, on a long term deal at a club that desperately wants to actually hang onto world class talent instead of selling it like they've had to in the past.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Spurs have actually looked better without Alli tbh. If Madrid offered some kind of swap for those two I think they'd be crazy not to take it. Alli has a lot of hype but for me is not a player that can drive the team, and he's got to be carried defensively and he's a disciplinary liability. Kane is obviously a different story; he's a top 5 striker in the world IMO and I don't think there's any reason for Tottenham to ever move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->