Transfer: Winter mercato window rumors

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
You guys get Alisson and you're likely the second best team in the Prem.

80 million and Origi sounds about fair.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would rather keep Karius and buy a keeper like Onana to compete with him. I just don't believe in spending big money on a keeper, even if they're world class. Liverpool's tactics leave the keeper stranded anyway and I'm not entirely sure they won't still concede a bunch of goals.

He doesn't really fit Klopp football that well even...

He does fit the way they've been playing against teams lower in the table for sure. There are lots of games this season and last where they played a more methodical, probing Italian style football in order to seal up results and keep the tempo too low for the opposition to counter. Then in the opposite way, Jorginho is so press resistant that it's pretty difficult for a team to win the ball in an advantageous position and counter.

They also do want the #6 to create plays from deep and Can has been only decent at that this season. He just isn't what I thought they would go after because I thought they would replace a powerhouse with another powerhouse. They need smart players who can read the game though, so.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If Real gets de Gea, Liverpool should go after Navas. Underrated GK.
I don’t think Navas would be good in the PL. it could be another Claudio Bravo situation. If Klopp wants Alisson, he will either get Alisson or stick with Karius.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I would rather keep Karius and buy a keeper like Onana to compete with him. I just don't believe in spending big money on a keeper, even if they're world class. Liverpool's tactics leave the keeper stranded anyway and I'm not entirely sure they won't still concede a bunch of goals.

He does fit the way they've been playing against teams lower in the table for sure. There are lots of games this season and last where they played a more methodical, probing Italian style football in order to seal up results and keep the tempo too low for the opposition to counter. Then in the opposite way, Jorginho is so press resistant that it's pretty difficult for a team to win the ball in an advantageous position and counter.

They also do want the #6 to create plays from deep and Can has been only decent at that this season. He just isn't what I thought they would go after because I thought they would replace a powerhouse with another powerhouse. They need smart players who can read the game though, so.
I don’t agree with you about keepers. Where would Man Utd be without De Gea? And they don’t have a great defense either. I think if you spend big to solve the problem once, you can lock that position down a decade. It’s an upgrade either way.

Jorginho would be about as good of a signing as they could get though. With him and Keita, LFC’s midfield gets ridiculously improved. He is a formation fit. And if Klopp can get Henderson to play six he could coach Jorginho up as well.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I don’t think Navas would be good in the PL. it could be another Claudio Bravo situation. If Klopp wants Alisson, he will either get Alisson or stick with Karius.

If you can get a world-class player why settle for anything below that level? If they can get Alisson, great problem solved... but if a team like PSG goes after him too it will be hard for Liverpool to compete. Diego Cavalieri is a free agent (Palace wants him), maybe Liverpool should give him another chance :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karius has been fantastic of late and is still quite young. Not sure an upgrade is needed there just yet. He wouldn't be the first young keeper to struggle initially and turn good.

Jorginho would be a big big yes from me.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Gaitan and Carrasco China bound Torres might be joining them.

they probably end up 150+ million from them. Would be interesting who they replace these guys with.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If Klopp wants a keeper, whatever.

It's all silly money, but I'd rather them pay the price for a top guy then have any questions out there of whether the person is good enough.

If Alisson is the goods, I wouldn't lose any bit of sleep over paying the price.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
If Klopp wants a keeper, whatever.

It's all silly money, but I'd rather them pay the price for a top guy then have any questions out there of whether the person is good enough.

If Alisson is the goods, I wouldn't lose any bit of sleep over paying the price.

Exactly.

Man City have set the standard. If the goal is to challenge them , you better throw all your misconceptions about not needing a world class keeper out the window.

I'm telling you, Alisson is better then Ederson and will be (if he isn't already) a top 5 GK in the world. I watch it every week.

If you don't sign him , you'll regret it.

Now give us 100 million and let's get it over with ;)

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Exactly.

Man City have set the standard. If the goal is to challenge them , you better throw all your misconceptions about not needing a world class keeper out the window.

I'm telling you, Alisson is better then Ederson and will be (if he isn't already) a top 5 GK in the world. I watch it every week.

If you don't sign him , you'll regret it.

Now give us 100 million and let's get it over with ;)

ok what's your venmo?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Could understand with Gaitan and Torres but wtf would Carrasco move to China?

He has had a poor season. He has lost Simeone's trust completely with his poor effort running without the ball. He had a high release clause and maybe Atletico didn't want to make EPL clubs think they could buy their players for under their release clauses? Still time for him to go back to Europe in a few years I guess.

Jul 7, 2009
Cat radio is saying Griezmann has reached an agreement with Barcelona. They will pay the 100 million clause in the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->