Blue Jays Discussion: Winter Discontent III: Discontent with a Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
To add insult to injury, he blatantly lies about the location of his glove when he caught the ball. Yes, it happened fast, but who cares... **** that guy.

He sure did, but it was still too close to overturn.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Just looked at MLB.com's positional top 10's (and the grades for top players). Seems pretty clear Vlady Jr. is going to be in the top 3 (only Acuna and Ohtani also have 70 grades). The way Calis spoke about him, I have a feeling he is number 1. Full list drops tomorrow.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The newest Blue Jays outfielder Randal Grichuk chats about knowing he was most likely going to be moved by the Cardinals in the offseason, his initial reaction upon learning he was dealt to Toronto, the role management has envisioned for him, and rebuilding his bat in the minors last season.

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_demand-5/Randal-Grichuk-with-Jeff-Blair-jb-20180126-Interview.mp3

I think I’m going to like this guy. Jays needed speed and he’s got some.

Thought it funny he mentioned hand positioning.....

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
**** that guy.

That's Patrick Laine-level neckbeard.

cut.jpeg

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Can we not talk about that? It's still so heartbreaking to me. We were so close! And we may not get that close again for a while so it really hurts.

I know. In a way I’m glad the games were on one of those fox cable channels that weren’t in my TV package so I didn’t have to endure that series.

Last edited:

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports the Dodgers have three or four potential trade partners in mind as they try to unload OF Matt Kemp and his bloated contract.

The team acquired Kemp last month in the Adrian Gonzalez trade with the Braves as the clubs swapped bad contracts. Kemp has two years and $43 million left on his deal. Heyman says the Dodgers have no plans to put Kemp on the active roster this season and hope to move him on to another team soon. They may need to send good prospects with Kemp in addition to paying most or all of his contract, or else take another team's bad contract in return. Heyman hinted Kemp is viewed as a clubhouse cancer in addition to his declining skills. He is no longer a superstar but still managed a .276 batting average with 19 homers and 64 RBI in 115 games last year.

Sounds right up the Jays alley. Morales and Pearce for Kemp and an MLB ready arm to be our 5th starter. Only adding 4-5M to the 2018 payroll while filling the 5th rotation spot. Leaving you 6-7 million for a pen arm and backup catcher. Dodgers save 4-5M this year and 10M next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->