Blue Jays Discussion: Winter Discontent III: Discontent with a Vengeance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Fangraphs has an interesting article out that shows the Blue Jays lead the league in homegrown innings pitched since 2012.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Fangraphs has an interesting article out that shows the Blue Jays lead the league in homegrown innings pitched since 2012.

I'd make a sarcastic quip about how it's too bad they're just gonna farm out all those arms because rabble rabble Rogers is cheap and all that, but I'm afraid people will take it seriously and be supportive of it as a legitimate piece of commentary.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I'd make a sarcastic quip about how it's too bad they're just gonna farm out all those arms because rabble rabble Rogers is cheap and all that, but I'm afraid people will take it seriously and be supportive of it as a legitimate piece of commentary.
When you are afraid of making a witty sarcastic remark, then something is seriously wrong. Hell, even I’ve been laying off the Revere/Kawasaki jokes lately because I think the last time I joked about Revere, he was plugged into a projected lineup :laugh:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
When you are afraid of making a witty sarcastic remark, then something is seriously wrong. Hell, even I’ve been laying off the Revere/Kawasaki jokes lately because I think the last time I joked about Revere, he was plugged into a projected lineup :laugh:

Do not conflate the two - we have plenty of useless sarcasm on this board, but displays of quick wit, while always welcomed, are quite rare.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
7 years is too long for Darvish imo. No thanks.

It'd be a nice move if we're able to lock in Stroman on a 5 year deal. Something similar to what Shapiro and co did in Cleveland with Carrasco and a few others.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yearly reminder that I believe we're still a file and trial team under Shapiro/Atkins, so the only way we will sign any of these guys now that arbitration numbers have been exchanged is to multi year contracts.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Cole to the Astros....

Seems like a quantity over quality package. A lot of "nice" pieces there but no real star quality. That's their current #5 (Moran) and #15 (Martin) prospects + #5 and #8 from 2015.

I wonder if this means we could get McCutchen for just ok/average-ish prospects.

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
man i wonder how we're gonna counter these big moves from our opponents, whom were already better than us before the moves, you know boston aint gonna sit around and do nothing and teams around our level are improving too

no more hitting singles and playing it safe, probably gotta take a bit of risk and look to add significant pieces, cause our GM keeps telling everyone we still want to win

Reactions: trellaine201

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I wouldn’t want to give up Travis for Cole. Fill a hole but create another.

I figured with Diaz and Solarte it wouldn't hurt as much. Also Travis is a hole in the roster when unhealthy half the year anyway. I agree though, if he were consistently healthy his value would be immense.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I figured with Diaz and Solarte it wouldn't hurt as much. Also Travis is a hole in the roster when unhealthy half the year anyway. I agree though, if he were consistently healthy his value would be immense.

Im hoping this year Travis stays healthy. Fingers crossed.

Also, I’m not sure they’ll get much out of Solarte.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
  • If the Pirates did deal McCutchen, ESPN.com’s Buster Olney (Twitter links) isn’t sure how much the Bucs could get back, based on the relatively lacking returns other teams have recently gotten in trades for players in their final year before free agency. Olney opines that the Pirates could get more young talent back in a trade by offering to cover some of the $14.75MM owed to McCutchen in 2018.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Seems like a big if you to the Yankees... we want Torres from you for Cole... since they couldn't get it they traded him for much less to the Astros. I like it Huntington!!! Now piss the Yankees off even more and give us a sweetheart deal for McCutchen and/or Marte. We got MLB ready prospects to move you.

I believe the Pirates had varying (rumored) levels of interest in Alford, Pompey, Gurriel, Urena, Reid-Foley, Greene, Tellez, Pentecost, and Biagini. They also had interest in better prospects and players but with 1 year left on the deal that's not happening.

As long as it isn't Alford in the deal then count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->